My winter project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
I thought I would share some photos of my winter project. I have built an extension on to the front of my garage, so now its a double garrage, but in length rather than width. it also has the benifit of allowing me to drive my bus in and out without removing the roofrack.

This is what it looked like,
AcornGroveGoogleearthsafe.gif

Then I started off building a frame, out of 4x2
2010-11-21144111.jpg

Bought some doors off ebay.
2010-12-28165225.jpg

PVC cladding and doors fitted, the Polycarbonate roof is also on. just in time for the snow to fall.
2011-01-03124533.jpg

Today, I finaly finished the cladding, I still need to finish the guttering and fit a lock, but its 99% done.
2011-02-20144836.jpg

and here are the doors open, you can see where I have extended them to allow me to drive in and out with the roof rack on.
2011-02-20144900.jpg

and the inside lined with ply, for security.
2011-02-20144925.jpg

it should make going out a lot easier now, before I had to store my junk in the van so had to empty it every time I took it out of the garage ;(

Nice work 8)

Did you get approval to build the extension or did it fit in the percentage rule??

I did mention I was building it to my neighbour, she was ok about it. it was within the percentage rule so no permission required, I did ask though just incase anyone kicked off about it.

AxlFoley said:
I did mention I was building it to my neighbour, she was ok about it. it was within the percentage rule so no permission required, I did ask though just incase anyone kicked off about it.

Good result then :D

Looks great, excellent project bud, I like seeing building / improvement projects 8)

that looks great. Doesnt look like its blocking her light or any windows at all.

Latest posts