MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It drives great steering wise, although could do with coming up a spline and trim back chassis rail I fink.
Made loads of difference changing rear shocks to Beetle swing arm ones, (Cheers Evilben).

Least I can get using it now and get some sows in hopefully. (Skeg is on now!) 8)

Myvanway said:
Any tips for getting the steering wheel off is welcomed! :D

Do you want to use the wheel again? I had to hit mine with a hammer - although it is easier with two people
Just loosen the securing nut dont remove it completely otherwise when it releases it will smash you in the face!

I have a 3leg puller you can borrow Paul I'm only down the road. To avoid damaging the wheel you will need to put something under the legs of the puller, butty sells a big washer with a slot in.

*Sam* said:
I have a 3leg puller you can borrow Paul I'm only down the road. To avoid damaging the wheel you will need to put something under the legs of the puller, butty sells a big washer with a slot in.

Thanks for that offer Sam, will give you a shout when I've had it tracked up. 8)

Had some loose stonechip protection on the inside of the front arches for a while and decided to have a pick....

Got carried away......... :shock:

Was happy to see no hidden nasties although there was 2 repair plates welded in one in the seatbelt mounting bolt, and one to the lower rear of the arch,
but they had been done proper! :)

Bitch of a job but worth wile knowing its all good. 8)

Now how do I protect it!!!!!! :shock:

Did the same to mine mate - got some body colour stonechip and sprayed that on!
Looks great and protects the og metal

I cleaned the old crap off first like you have done
Put a nice thick cover of stonechip on to protect the OG paint

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/cleaning-body-repair/rust-removal-treatment/hammerite-stonechip-shield-white-600ml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then a thin cover of L90D spray paint to make it all match

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/cleaning-body-repair/car-spray-paints/halfords-vw-pastel-white-car-spray-paint-300ml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts