MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mychatype3 said:
Myvanway said:
mychatype3 said:
looking very good Paul, whats the front tire size?
165/50/15 ?

Hi Mycha, yes they are. Is this the size you would run?

Now i’m driving 165/55/15 = 75 load index = 387kg
50 = 72 load index = 355kg

total front axle difference is 64kg i’ve not made my mind up yet….

I would like more tyre for ride quality, might wait to see how it feels first.

Cheers Guys,

Just need to source some appropriate shocks that function at this height as things aint quite right at the rear (Solid/Bottoming I guess?!)
Need to remove shocks let it sit naturaly and measure the hole to hole gap on the shock, Then find the best fit/Size shock to get best ride possible.
At the moment I think There is zero movement = Bent sheared bolts!!

Oh well, balls deep now! :lol:

„DubBGood2Me said:
But seems like everyone is having height / beam / shock issues at the moment :roll:

Slamming is easy, getting a good ride (comfortable) is a lot of work when going low 8).

Love the stance Paul ;)

Paul,

When I get around to replacing my Spax Gas Shocks I will be going for a set from Royal Country Auto Supply
Their protech shocks look amazing

Protech-polished-logo.jpg

Protech-polishedx4.jpg

Available from here

http://www.royalcountyautosupply.co.uk/shock-absorders.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was quoted £350 & £10 delivery for a set of 4 - You to measure between the top/lower shock mount with the bus at it's usual ride height to get the right ones made to measure!

I should have some ordered before long! 8)

They look the nuts Stu. 8)

Im happy with the front end and it feels good on they KYB's, just the back end that needs sorting... and soon as!
Well when I get time as working working working!... Boo!
I was hoping someone was at the same height as me with the perfect solution/Shock, as it gets irritating taking it to bits all the time.
(So Tracy says!! No balls!!) :lol:

Want it riding sweet for Stanford Hall so need to get my arse into gear!! 8)

The ones above can be bought in pairs and made custom to your requirements
Good old British engineering!

Nice one Paul, those wheels look great too!
(sorry not been around on here of late....I've lost my Earlybay.com mojo at the minute :shock: ......sure to return no doubt! :p )

Next step will definitely be Air :lol: ......like you say....'balls deep now'...no going back from this! 8)

Latest posts