Narowed beams

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you give me a.price for the whole kit front and rear on adjustable plates please mate. Tyres I can sort. I haven't sorted wheels yet.

Here's mine (before I removed the sign writing).
4" narrowed King and Link Pin beam.

can you go that low without narrowing? or is it bound to foul the arch?

PSG said:
can you go that low without narrowing? or is it bound to foul the arch?

Yes, it will scuff the wheel arches and also deform the outer dog legs as it catches when turning/steering.

1195175.jpg

1210289.jpg

1179788.jpg

late bay with gasburner replica 5/112 ET 20

and little TEASER https://vimeo.com/101096284" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@vintage-autohaus

how low can you go without tubs? that bus doesnt look as low as i want mine, although it is a pretty cool bus. Is that for any particular reason other than tubs? Just need to know because if i am spending the money on good components from you, i want to be sure it will be as low as i am expecting.

Thanks

PSG

Its also about tyre sizes you run on the front as that makes a difference, did you get the quote I sent through last week?

its not just Tubs you need to be focusing on. I would think to go as low as the white panel and still have some suspension travel you will need to notch the chassis at the front to clear the dirve shafts etc and the fron to clear the tie rods. I could be wrong and Christophe (Vintage Autohaus) would know.

In terms of notching we try and avoid it if we can, we tend to shave the drop section of the lower chassis rail (hard to explain without a picture) to give more clearance for driveshafts and tie rods and this helps considerably without the need for notching but if you want to go really low then you have to notch.

Latest posts