Need a little help wiring

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nipper

Reaction score
Hi al, need a little help with some wiring. I need to run an ignition feed to a tracker, where I want it is the overhead locker in my Devon. I have an earth and a live but also need an ignition feed for it to run properly. The obvious and closest place would be from the engine bay, perhaps from coil, is there an easy way from engine bay into above space? Any help appreciate.

I’ve popped off the internal cover of the air vent and run some wiring up there, you can’t get right into the airway but with minimal drilling you can hide 99% of the wire behind that panel, I think it’s pop riveted on from memory. You can get into the airway at the lower end but you’re stuffed at the top because of the roof panel and the cant rail.

Ozziedog,,,,,good luck :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks mate, I’ll have a look when I get a chance, have it covered over for all this wet weather at the moment 👍

Nipper said:
Hi al, need a little help with some wiring. I need to run an ignition feed to a tracker, where I want it is the overhead locker in my Devon. I have an earth and a live but also need an ignition feed for it to run properly. The obvious and closest place would be from the engine bay, perhaps from coil, is there an easy way from engine bay into above space? Any help appreciate.

Not familiar with the rear layout/'above engine bay' on a Devon, but on a microbus there is a plastic/rubber drain(?) plug in the rear spare wheel well. If you remove it, there's a hole into the engine bay. Might work?

Just checked and yes!!!! There is a hole with a wire already running through it into the engine bay. Thanks so much for you help👍

Well I found it when I was going through some of the lockers, the guy I got it from didn’t mention it, pretty sure I saw an article in the camper mag about Skytag, they supply the tracker free, they have different subscriptions depending on what your looking for in way of cover. Going to wire mine in on my next days off👍

Latest posts