Need a part but who to use?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Evening all.
Took the fuel tank out of my 70 this evening due to dodgy fuel smells.
I cant find any problems so to go on the side of caution im sending the tank away for a clean out n pressure test.
Anyway, I want to replace all the rubber in there.
Im after the filler neck piece wich is straight, about 7 inches long and roughly 55mm id.
Any of the usual suspects do it?
Gotta be fuel safe.

Cheers

Rich

just quicky on the fuel smell, was the petrol cap sealed correctly as that can make a real bad fuel smell, making ya ass go 20p / 50p when on a run.

jth

john the horse said:
just quicky on the fuel smell, was the petrol cap sealed correctly as that can make a real bad fuel smell, making ya ass go 20p / 50p when on a run.

jth

This is definitely worth checking first, I was on edge everywhere I went as I could smell really strong fumes, picked a new cap up at a show and the smell has died down a bit (for now) il be checking the tank etc when the engine comes out aswell though, just to be sure! :D

john the horse said:

jth
My arse always goes 20/50 every time I drive it, fuel smell or not :mrgreen:
The tanks away for the next few days getting looked at.
Baught a meter length of Gates fuel filler neck hose and only need 7 inches :?
And some 8 and 10mm hoses for for the breaters. Only need 1 or 2 inches of each of them aswell :?
Hope the tank ends up being ok, new clutch and put it all back together again.
Might get a new filler cap whilst im at it.

Cheers

Rich

Latest posts