NellyBus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from 2 weeks in Goa so nothing been happening lately,
The gearbox is coming back out next w/end and going off for a rebuild,
Thats another £1200 :shock: but at least it'll be good for 450bhp when done :)
I'm still waiting for the loom adapter which has now been made but is just waiting to be tested,
but that isn't as easy as it sounds cause not that many people are modding 07' reg imprezas yet
so waiting on one coming in then shouldn't be to long until i can fire it up and get it remapped 350/350 bhp/ftlb's torque
cant wait ;)
Thanks for all your kind words on my bus guys it's much appreciated this forum has really kept me going at times,
after a couple of weeks in the sun i'm really chomping at the bit to get going again so more pics and progress reports soon ;)

can they not test the loom adapter on your bus mate. or does it need to be on an impreza first then modded to yours

They would test it on my bus but at my cost if anything goes wrong and as i've had enough grief it's safer if they test it
on a standard 07 wrx first which should be happening this week, but i've heard that before so won't hold my breath :roll:
Engine and box back out,
14022010001.jpg

Billet bearing retainer from states,
12022010100.jpg

12022010101.jpg

All packaged up and ready to go!
14022010002-1.jpg

Box back plus old bits that came out,
01032010010.jpg

01032010009.jpg

Back in yeterday
06032010010.jpg

Awesome!

Any Idea what shows you will be going to this year? I cant wait to see this van.

Mark

Nelly said:
They would test it on my bus but at my cost if anything goes wrong and as i've had enough grief it's safer if they test it
on a standard 07 wrx first which should be happening this week, but i've heard that before so won't hold my breath :roll:
Engine and box back out,
14022010001.jpg

From that angle, the engine doesn't look like it will fit :shock:

I am totally pissed off with this loom adapter crap :evil:
After 6 month's of waiting and being told next week the guy has offerd to give me a full refund or take my bus up to chesterfeild and sort it there in between jobs as having tested it and blowing all the fuses on standard motor he now thinks it'll be easier to test it on my bus :x

gutted for you mate. who in chesterfield is working on it? you can pop in and quote me on my bus if you do end up coming up here then pop out for a bevy. :D

Andy there is no way on earth my bus is coming up to chesrterfeild on the back of a trailer for an indefinate period until they can sort it! They've already wasted 6 months i would stupid to let them take it an leave it god knows where it owes me to much money mate.
I think i might have managed to get Bob Rawle back on board to fit and map a Link ecu ;) I wanted Bob to do it when i first started its a shame that i got swayed by another company cause Bob is regarded as one of the best.

i see what you mean with leaving it somewhere you already dont have a great deal of trust for. its a shame that these "proffesionals" out there take things on that even they dont really have a clue about. then after months of fannying around, simply wash their hands of it :evil:

it would be great to see it get to a show this year. i hope bob knows his stuff and can get it working for you. whats a link ecu? is that a different one to the super costly one that is on it at the mo.

Still stupidly expensive but gives me launch control anti lag and switchable maps for street and strip but with regard to shows gonna miss big bang but might get to Stanford hall with a bit of luck ;)

Nelly said:
launch control anti lag and switchable maps for street and strip but

You do know this is a 1972 VW Bus you are talking about, dont you!

Good luck with the lom, I'm sure you will get it sorted, have you thought of using DTA http://www.dtafast.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; My mate is a big fan of them.

Unfortunatly dta ecu's don't support drive by wire yet the engine is from an 07wrx.
I do know it's a 1972 bus just a quick one :D

Latest posts