NellyBus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nelly said:
Just had Bob Rawle out again and still no go :cry:
Have modded wiring as suggested cause tumble valves needed to be wired in series and bob had some different software to map it with,
Now the throttle body is throwing up errors,
so link need to look at the rom files taken from ecu to decide what is wrong,
But it looks like throttle body to me? But most of this mapping shit goes over my head anyway!!
Hopefully at the worst i'll need to replace the throttle body then get it mapped but who knows when this will happen??
How long is a peice of string??? :cry: :x

Now if you'd have asked me what could have gone wrong I would have said the same ;) Honestly I am in complete awe of what you've achieved with this van and wish you the best of luck in overcoming this problem can't wait to see it finished 8)

Ok it's about time i put some pics up as i haven't posted for a while, it now runs sort of i still need to do a few mods no
i've had it running, i.e. Change hydraulic clutch back to a cable to give me some more adjustment and throw on the arm to stop it slipping when the turbo cuts in :shock:
Also a small mod to the header tank and change out a faulty alternator cause it's only kicking out 11.4v, then back to Bob Rawle on the 7th august for final mapping as we couldn't map it past boost cause the clutch was slipping.
21062010104.jpg

21062010102.jpg

21062010105.jpg

21062010099.jpg

21062010098.jpg

Also a little vid of exhaust note :)

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/Nellybus/?action=view&current=08072010003.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haveacamper said:
Mate that looks awesome. I can't believe ur selling it tho :lol:

Will check out the vid when I'm home

Just to clarify, I was ony joking about Nelly's bus being up for Sale. it was a joke, and evidently a bad one.

I apologise if i have annoyed, frustrated or pissed anyone off, this was not my intension

Nelly, you are doing incredible work that i only jealous of. i hope to see this bus again in the flesh with all of the new mods.

NaFe

Haveacamper said:
Haveacamper said:
Mate that looks awesome. I can't believe ur selling it tho :lol:

Will check out the vid when I'm home

Just to clarify, I was ony joking about Nelly's bus being up for Sale. it was a joke, and evidently a bad one.

I apologise if i have annoyed, frustrated or pissed anyone off, this was not my intension

Nelly, you are doing incredible work that i only jealous of. i hope to see this bus again in the flesh with all of the new mods.

NaFe

What you talking about NaFe? I just bought it...

Going to break it for parts if anyone wants anything :)

Thanks for your coments guy's as ever much appreciated,
As to what it drives like it handles really well and stops just as good but can't get over 70-80ish cause the clutch slips as soon as it boosts, i'm sure once it's done it'll be mental ;)

Well, I've just sat here for the best part of a couple of hours reading the thread from the start. I'm speechless. What a frickin' awesome bus. Cool just isn't the word. I have run out of superlatives to be honest.

I'll second that. Stunning bus in every way and that paint colour and combo is to die for! :mrgreen:

Just got my mot and tax :D
Now off to get final mapping done ;)
I'll let you all know what it goes like later feels bloody quick already :shock:

Nelly said:
Just got my mot and tax :D
Now off to get final mapping done ;)
I'll let you all know what it goes like later feels bloody quick already :shock:

Big congrats on getting your ticket - can't wait for an update on performance!

Take it easy (well, not that easy!) 8) 8)

;)

I dont no what it is but i seem to be havin really shit luck with my bus :x
I pulled up at Bob Rawles house after a really nice 40 or so mile first drive, the bus handles great and goes like stink,
All good you think until i stick it in reverse with a bit of a crunch no drama new cable just adjust it a bit so i ask Bob for a couple of 10mm spanners crawle underneath to meet a fairly quick drip of engine oil from the bottom of the gear box bell housing :evil:
Well we both decided that it'd be foolish to attempt to map it with a dodgy crankshaft oil seal so back home and engine and box will be coming back out tomorrow :x

Sorry to here that Dude :roll: You have had a right old time of it recently (& even I still remember the roof saga!). I'm sure it will give you the return when it's up and running though ;)

shit mate! main oil seals go on lawn mower engines not exacting standards, modern day jap engines. like you say, there is no point in maping it when there is oil in the bell. your clutch would end up sliping like a bugger. maybe that was what made the earlier clutch slipping issues. do you think it will be a simple out and in? i know it must feel pants at the mo but dig in mate it is soooooo close. :D fingers crossed the scooby boys have the part on the shelf to speed it up.

Latest posts