New Camping interior by Jason McKinnon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks awesome, it has everything you need and modern but still in keeping with the rest of the van.

I want one but just spent all my money getting a bus :(

Thanks for the great comments, it’s always a bit daunting paying out hard earned cash and wondering whether you’ve got the layout and format right.

In answer to some of the questions; the front end of the bus has a 70 mm narrowed link pin beam with drop spindles and CSP discs. The rear is a 2 spline drop. (I’ve just had the tracking properly set up, which has improved the driving experience, no end!)

Regarding the fixing for the middle seat belt mechanism, I spoke with Jason and he told me, “The middle seat belt mechanism is mounted on to the engine bulk head, you need to drill through for this (just below the top angle-important) then, jack the bus up, get under and stretch up to get the nut on the bolt, you will need to get some one to hold a spanner on the other of the bolt to stop it turning and put a spreader plate as well. This is, of course, if you don’t have mounting points already factory fitted! The other end of the belt is mounted on the metal frame of the bed. This has to be mounted onto something metal.”

When the bed is down the seat belt is expanded and the buckles are tucked between the cushions.

As for the spare wheel, I don't have one at present. One reason is I'm running different size tyres front and back. I intend to use a tyre weld repair kit. If all else fails I'll rely on the AA! I do have a roof rack, which I could use for a spare if the other two options prove unworkable.

The hollow where the wheel was is now a hidden storage area.

Regarding the cost, because everything Jason McKinnon does is bespoke he is not cheap, but he is in line with other interior guys and his finish is the best I've seen. The good thing about Jason is he's qualified to sort the electrics and gas, plus he can do some welding. Therefore everything is done at one place! Anyone who is interested is probably best giving him a ring or drop him an email, he's a real laid back guy (nothing is too much trouble) and you can talk through your requirements, which are probably different to what mine were.
http://www.mckinnoncampers.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wow ! having seen this interior tonight when i collected a rear bench seat from Dave I can honestly say it's f*cking fantastic and finished sooooo well , congrats Dave and thanks, steve

Mate that is lovely, 8)

I think the red interior against white is just stunning - one of the coolest interiors I've seen - well done ! :D

Latest posts