New colour choice decided after a delay in spray

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
Well unfortunately the guys who were going to paint my 69 panel have not been able to due to staff issues so I've had to find a new shop. Unfortunately I transported my bus from Bristol to South Wales and now have to get the bus back to Bristol again :-(. But it's at least given me time to realise that I didn't want the bus repainted in the current colour being L50f regatta blue ,which despite being the colour it was featured in in VW Ultra mag is not my preferred choice.And so I'm going to ask the new shop to paint it in L345 light grey with a L581 cloud white roof/bumpers .Then get it re-sign written and pinstriped. Hope it will look sweet
This is the current colour

And this is what I'm after

Yeh as said in my last post above I'm ditching the cloud white roof and just getting the bumpers done in L581 .Love the light grey though .
Nice bus you had mate by the way :)

I love that grey - it'll suit your panel well.

Make sure the sign writing suits the age and it'll look mint!

Best colour in my humble opinion 8)

IMG_2298_zpse5b8d772.jpg

Yeh Grazy ,I've always loved your bus .I just hope the new paint doesn't look to shiny .I was going yo have it with a satin lacquer all over but it will be a mare to keep flat if parts need polishing .so it will just have to age .As for the the sign writing ,had I kept the same blue I would of had the same sign writing but only done better and the same pin striping .As the bus was quite well known and featured in VW Ultra last July .
But now I'm going to get a aged looking job on the sign writing kinda like "Slammed Panels" red split .Just not sure what logo to go for yet .Unless I still re do the Volks Tuning ,which I like.

Latest posts