New front beam advice - Now sorted thanks!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingermonkey321

Reaction score
My 72 crossover current beam needs lot of work so been on look out for a replacement. Seen
9b67b5a5a67bb9807547647bec8147e0.jpg
this one, would appreciate views on if it look decent?
dca05557639c86b4b65f13305d09726d.jpg

fb9f2ce82e3d2801c9a96404c7b1d920.jpg

No welding needed and off an imported bus. Not planning to lower but it’s got horseshoes if I did want to.
Would appreciate an informed view, done plenty on my bus myself but nowt on the beam.
Cheers Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's got a Foksy adjuster fitted just in the top beam. It's old school technology, but you have to cut the top tube in half to weld it in.
They have been known to slip, so unless it's really cheap I'd personally give it a miss.
Any other pics, and have you seen any pics of the ride height when it's fitted to a bus?

Nope it’s off the bus already, no pics. It’s £250 plus delivery. From an import being broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with Sparky, I’d avoid it tbh. Those adjusters aren’t great and the quality of the welding to fit it may well be questionable too.

To add to the above comments, why have both shocks been cut off / snapped? Shouldn't the shock mounts have a captive nut rather than a nyloc on them? The lower arms look pretty battered so someone has been heavy-handed when assembling them at some point in the past. You've also got no idea at what height those adjusters were welded in at.

I'd also avoid if it were me.

Latest posts