New member in Kent says hello

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valetecdavid

Reaction score
hi all my name is David ......the family and i have a 1971 dormobile we have owned scarlett since oct last year had floor problems now has mot and rear seat belts , had our first night camping last weekend at bug lovin at the hop farm will post some pics later ,all the best David L
005.jpg

0032.jpg

thanks Araon,she has a great engine fitted by previous owner 1776cc twin carb built by auto techniks invoice in the file for £4500 so with other bits he had already done i think i have a good un ,the kids love her

Nice bus and welcome to the forum. Fancy coming to Plymfest at the weekend, you can tag along with marcher from Herne bay and join our family camping spot.

Hi Carole,my reply to you has not registered so i will write it again, yes we love her,she has a few bits we want to do to her but cash and experience prevent me at the moment there is a bit of rust on her upper body which i must try to improve,and the slidding door fell off last week.i tried to repair with bits from just kampers but i failed so i managed to win a centr hinge off ebay so when it arrives i will fit it.

thanks for the offer Clyde but family comitments(Family sun Lunch with the rellys) this weekend prevent ,also the wife has a shop so we have to get cover when we want to go away.

valetecdavid said:
Hi Carole,my reply to you has not registered so i will write it again, yes we love her,she has a few bits we want to do to her but cash and experience prevent me at the moment there is a bit of rust on her upper body which i must try to improve,and the slidding door fell off last week.i tried to repair with bits from just kampers but i failed so i managed to win a centr hinge off ebay so when it arrives i will fit it.

Ah yes, the joys of sliding doors..... :D especially when they land on your foot :shock:

If you need an ace mechanic/painter then slammedkustom (chris) on here is your man, based near me in Bexleyheath ;) He hates working on my bus, but that's cos it's a splitty and he prefers bays :lol: :lol:

And if you have an Auto Technik engine then you are a lucky man indeed....1776 as well, very nice!

Hi IRV,thanks yes i-pod had fallen under the rearseat/bed so luckily not lost at bug lovin, got hinge to fit friday but having 2 teeth out 2morrow so will feel poorly for a day or 2 i expect,Carole your man in Bexleyheath can he tune carbs??
the reason i ask is that the welder(who did the floor for me) used to race beetles back in the day,he noticed that my engine was running lumpy so as he is a nice man he opened the valves that he said had closed ,he rang auto techniks and they told him my engine had the wrong spark plugs so he fitted the right ones,but he said that my car needs to go on arolling road to balance and tune the carbs he didnt have the gear to do it so i need to get it done at some point,bexleyheath not far from me at sevenoaks i am guessing 30 mins???

Welcome aboard.

Where those pictures taken at Buglovin' this week? If so I think I may have been parked just down near you (I was in a lowered brown bay, parked with a slammed purple jetta) :)

Good to see someone else local to me on here - I'm near the Swanley junction of the M25.

Carole is right about Chris slammedkustom - the guy to speak to round here.

Latest posts