• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New member looking for Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wriggs

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,
Had VW's since 1996, had them all, currently have rare 1970 type 1 Golde ragtop dry stored in my garage for coming up for 7 years requiring completion. Has all the parts to finish minus some nuts and bolts etc..1641 bottom end rebuild, new clutch, pop out tinted windows.Leather GTi interior,needs fitting, part rewired needs finishing .. I cannot get the time to finish and my kids are getting on at me to get a Van as they quite rightly point out that they now wont fit in the back...so I am looking for a rolling project tin top early bay...Not bothered about cosmetics or minor welding..something that perhaps could be up to Mot in a few good weekends..Wouldnt mind lowered in fact prefered
So if any one fancies a change and swap projects I have some cash to go your way to get you finished with the bug..

ANYWAY TOP FORUM FROM WHAT I'VE READ SO FAR...
Looking forward to some more...

Cheers Scott

Link to bus Scott is referring to is here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12562&p=114295#p114295" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, also on eBay at the moment,

Why not buy a near finished one, if you haven't got time to do the bug, will get to do the bus.

I only say this as it took over 2 years to get me bus in a near finished state & it was an easy project.

Just a thought.

Budget would be around ..I want about £1500 ish for the bug and all the parts to finish plus about £3k cash..so enuff to get the bug sorted and a lump left over for a family holiday...Any one got a tintop early that has been lowered that maybe needs an engine or has engine but needs body work????????

pete nice said:
Why not buy a near finished one, if you haven't got time to do the bug, will get to do the bus.

I only say this as it took over 2 years to get me bus in a near finished state & it was an easy project.

Just a thought.

These are VERY wize words!

speaking from experience...You either have the time but not the money or the money but not the time.Good luck on your hunt,theres loads out there at the moment.Try to go for a good honest bus ie cali import from Graham L,Simon hall or for RHD SA, go have a chat with Scot Wilson.Someone bargain 'unfinished project' normally means unstiching all their bad work and a massive project on your hands.

Welcome to the forum 8)

Thanks for the sound advice. Budget led tho' I'm afraid would love to have £8k + to buy a good bus but just aint got ot.
Kids want a camper and more importantly wont all get in the back of the bug thats why I 've kinda lost interest...Need flame re-igniting with a camper...Aint bin to a vdub show for nearly 5 yrs*** NOW THTS BAD*****

SMUDGE...You gonna let me have your camper then, you could do a lot with my bug with the cash in the deal???

wriggs said:
Morning smudge,
How the hell do you post pics on here...? Help
lots use photobucket.com.

Follow instructions on the site.

I use tinypics.com....a lot easier in my non pc eyes! :lol:

Failing that Fella

diane.allaway AT btinternet.com

still hunting...anybody help?

My bug as described...£1250 + £2500 cash that gets the bug finished...bit in the bank and a trip away somewhere nice for you and the Mrs so as she wont mind you having another Vdub project....Dont have to be an early bay, as long as its tax exempt and needs a few good weekends to get the Mot sorted...You know the thing...bit of weldin, bulbs not a major project ...

....New floor pan half's..new nearside heater chanel and front nearside inner wing. All new brakes all round + handbrake cables.new wheel bearings all round. All new wings, long bonnet, all new shocks all round, CB dropped spindles up front. New white material for ragtop, white wing beading, one piece windows, rear pop outs all tinted.heated rear screen. Mk 2 Golf GTi leather interior (needs good clean, dusty)..Colour is Canyon red (BMW) .I do have some left. Pre 67 wings with American spec lights. Box of stuff as well with loads of odds and sods. new clutch, 1641cc new B+P's with all new seals in engine. new plugs, leads, petronix ign and coil.Brand new carpet still in the bag.
Need to be done.?..Basically all putting back together again.All hard work is done. Hardest bit will be finishing off the wiring, it has a brand new loom 1/3 complete, just needs lights and wipers doing. Then the paint work will need rubbing flat again a bit of fine fill if you are fussy I am...then spray it up...
I am sure there is some more I have forgotten, if I remember stuff I'll mail it on..
Its a 1970. tax ex.
all the inside has been sprayed the same colour.It was almost a complete body off but at the time of doing ,but I did not have the facilities to that.It has been dry stored fo 7 years....
I have got some camphone pics which I can email if you let me have your address...

My kids and me are getting impatient and need to get back on the buses. Cheers all..

Hi

This is about as cheap as they come in from the US, could easily be on the road in a few weekends http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Would need to see could pictures of the bug though to see whats involved,

I must admit I have looked at this one on more than one occasion...Dont spose theres an engine you could bung innit is there.....?
Are there any lights at all with it and a rear bumper or is it pretty much as seen?

If you forward me on your mail address I'll do me best to post sum pics of the bug.

Thanks.

Hi we have an engine that I bought as a spare that we could supply for an additional sum plus I have a rear bumper that could go with the bus and some headlights, got no rear lights but they are reasonably easy to get hold of.

Email address is [email protected]

Latest posts