New member with a new bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vwtopcat

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Bay
M-codes
Not known
Hi guys , I’m Trev from Thurrock . After 7 years with a split . I’m now the proud owner of a 1971 Westfalia from Tucson Arizona . This is day one and loving it . Can’t wait to go camping once a few little jobs sorted .

Attachments

• IMG_5995.jpeg
    IMG_5995.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5996.jpeg
    IMG_5996.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5997.jpeg
    IMG_5997.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Hi there Trev,
Welcome to the forum!
What a lovely white Westfalia and great it fits inside the garage so nicely.
What it has an Earlybay.com sticker from Tucson?
Happy travels and camping trips.
Andes

Hi there Trev,
Welcome to the forum!
What a lovely white Westfalia and great it fits inside the garage so nicely.
What it has an Earlybay.com sticker from Tucson?
Happy travels and camping trips.
Andes
Thank you . Yes the garage height was a worry but was fine in the end . Should have said ‘ originally ‘ from Tucson , has been living in Suffolk for ~ 13 years prior to me taking ownership.

Nice bus Trev. I'm just down the road in Chelmsford !

Nice one Trev, glad you’ve joined us. We seem to be nearing the end of the show ‘season’ right now. Not too sure what’s happening over your side of our little world but over on the West coast there’s a VW camp out almost as far west as you can go at Weobly Castle on the Gower I believe that’s the weekend after next. Further up on the same weekend there’s a camp out and general layabout on Victoria farm up at Lutterworth primarily with the LateBay gang and a bit of ssvc as well but lots of all sorts there and both of these are almost wind down affairs after quite a busy show season with shows on virtually every weekend as you probably know. Looks a fab van indeed so you’re off to a great start.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,welcome again bud. :)

Great , do you make it to any shows ?
Try to. I got what I think is a gearbox problem couple weeks ago so engine etc out means I'm probably out of action until spring now.

Try to. I got what I think is a gearbox problem couple weeks ago so engine etc out means I'm probably out of action until spring now.
Hope it gets sorted !. Best time to be off the road I guess . Good luck .

Nice one Trev, glad you’ve joined us. We seem to be nearing the end of the show ‘season’ right now. Not too sure what’s happening over your side of our little world but over on the West coast there’s a VW camp out almost as far west as you can go at Weobly Castle on the Gower I believe that’s the weekend after next. Further up on the same weekend there’s a camp out and general layabout on Victoria farm up at Lutterworth primarily with the LateBay gang and a bit of ssvc as well but lots of all sorts there and both of these are almost wind down affairs after quite a busy show season with shows on virtually every weekend as you probably know. Looks a fab van indeed so you’re off to a great start.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,welcome again bud. :)
I was wondering if there is a central camp out for this forum . Obviously I’ll be keeping an eye on here for updates etc . Ideal plan would be to use the bus for camping with the family for weekends away . Also try to get to as many meet ups as possible ( kids weekend activities/clubs permitting ). So this weekend I’ve purchased foam for the continental pop top bed as currently just a board , some colonite wax for the surface rusty bits , couple of mattress toppers , some oil and some tyre weld !. I have a spare just need to get a lower profile tyre so can be used for all corners if called upon . Not a fan of the replica Fuchs but hopefully secured some gas burners . There’s 3 days of ownership in a nut shell ha ha .Appreciate the warm welcome ozziedog and all.

I was wondering if there is a central camp out for this forum . Obviously I’ll be keeping an eye on here for updates etc . Ideal plan would be to use the bus for camping with the family for weekends away . Also try to get to as many meet ups as possible ( kids weekend activities/clubs permitting ). So this weekend I’ve purchased foam for the continental pop top bed as currently just a board , some colonite wax for the surface rusty bits , couple of mattress toppers , some oil and some tyre weld !. I have a spare just need to get a lower profile tyre so can be used for all corners if called upon . Not a fan of the replica Fuchs but hopefully secured some gas burners . There’s 3 days of ownership in a nut shell ha ha .Appreciate the warm welcome ozziedog and all.
There is an event section on here that we mostly blurb where we’re going or doing. Like I said, I have one on the twentieth up at Lutterworth, a very chilled out affair but not much going on for the family and there’s a Chrimbo Cruise in Bristol and Somerset but I’ll bet there’s stuff happening over your side too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,and there’s always next year :)

So turns out if you buy 2 inch foam for the pop top continental bed you can’t shut the roof !. Live and learn . Once covered they will be stored in back .

Attachments

• IMG_6079.jpeg
    IMG_6079.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6076.jpeg
    IMG_6076.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6072.jpeg
    IMG_6072.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts