New rims for the bus - something a little bit special!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got off the phone, there is good and bad news, the prices are not that bad ranging from £72 to £103 depending on the size., only problem is they dont have much in stock.

I need to measure what I have and what i need then get back to them!!

fingers crossed my plan will come together!!!

thats quite good as i can imagine you require the smaller outer lips which should be the cheaper ones so 280 notes for 4 new lips doesnt sound too bad.

yeah in an ideal world that would be the case, but in this case its not that easy!

two of the existing inners have been cut and welded! so in the bin they go!

But i have just got off the phone to Image wheels who can supply any width inner and outer dishes, ceramic coated ranging from £76 to £106 with £76 being a 1" dish.

they can even tell me what dishes I need for a desired offset, so i need to measure the dishes I have and go from there.

all i need to do now is decide on a width, I was thinking 5" up front and 5.5 or 6" on the back

This way if i want to put them on a Bug at a later date, i can :)

What you think?

i had heard of image doing lips. is the ceramic coating the same stuff as radinox? no more polishing as they stay shiney for ever 8) .
it sound like you can pretty much get whatever spec you want then, that will be a sleepless night for you then. i'd go for as wide as you can get in the rear 7 or 7.5 and like you say 5 on the front or 5.5. i'm very envious :mrgreen:
are the tyres going to be 175 50 15 or 165 50 15 on the front and 185 65 15 on the rear? or do you have other sizes in mind.

Small update, It looks like the ideal fitment up front is a 5" with a 1" front dish and a 6" on the rear with a 1.5" dish.

All i have to do now is see what parts i have at home that can be re used!

all this hastle for a set of rims!!!

it will be well worth it when they're on mate. it took me well over a year to get the rims for my golf, i bought each one singualy on ebay for 10-20 quid until i had a set of five (all in the days befored i knew you could get a courier to pick one up for 8 quid so lots of family outings scooping a rim up on the way back) then sent them away to get powdered and polished. however i wish id had them chromed as i rarely run them as i cant be arsed to repolish them

How are the Dage coming on.. this might give you some inspiration :D :D

bus070-2.jpg

bus067-3.jpg

bus068-3.jpg

Keen to see how your rims are coming mate.....

Did some more work on mine today, 3 down (just need to be torqed and sealed) 1 to go.. well pleased with the result although not sure if they are going to fit anything yet.. not got my car here to try LOL :lol:

ended up with

Rears
200m (total width) and a back space of 135mm.. not sure what the offset is (anyone know how to work it out)

Fronts 190mm (total width) and 135mm back space..

Guess if they don't fit then they would make nice clocks

parts068.jpg

parts067.jpg

parts069.jpg

parts070.jpg

parts071.jpg

Wow they look spot on, mine are getting there slowly, I'm waiting on the front inner dishes to turn up, and I need to get the centres painted, due to cash flow issues I have had to go with black, instead of the polished, I couldent justify £300 just on polishing!! I still need one centre cap too.

I went with 5" fronts and 6" rears I'm not sure off the backspace, but they will fit the bay, looking at yours i would say they are not far off teh same size dishes as mine, so you should be ok, if they dont fit any thing though i'll give you a fiver for them lol

Mark

Latest posts