New Tax exempt date???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niklee1

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread already or if it was announced earlier this week that the new date for tax exempt vehicles is 1st January 1974. :) 8)

Where did you hear that?

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-car-tax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; still says vehicles built before 1st Jan 1973...

I hear this also, it was posted on a thread on this sight, the gov site won't change for a while I shouldn't think.

Ah.... Wikipedia says this:

"As of April 1st 2014, vehicles manufactured before 1st January 1974 will be exempt from the VED (Finance Bill 2014, as set out in the 2013 Budget, 20th March 2013)."

I know Wikipedia could be wrong, but it still indicates where you heard it and why it's not updated on the Government web site yet....

It was in today's Daily Mail page 84 'Motoring' by Ray Massey

photo1-4_zpsaf123be1.jpg

well thats got to be good news,prices will be going up on the vehicles effected

That's good news. Shame it wasn't moved a bit further, as it still needs to be 40 years old to qualify. I wonder if they'll go for a rolling 40 years?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

NoPower-NoResp said:
That's good news. Shame it wasn't moved a bit further, as it still needs to be 40 years old to qualify. I wonder if they'll go for a rolling 40 years?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

It was hinted to be a 25 year old rolling when they introduced it in 1997 but as with all of Labour's political promises it stopped when they came into power!!! :roll:

It's rumoured that they will adopt the rolling exception in 2014 this is the fore runner to that so to fill the gap as it were. The most ridiculess is the exemption of older cars from having an MOT as the believe owners of such vehicles will have done and will do enough to maintain their vehicle :?:

Latest posts