New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there. I'm Stefan. New to the forum. I have previously owned many air-cooled beetles and have recently bought my first bus, a 1969 T2 Westfalia.

I made the mistake of buying it just based on pictures on the web and as you might guess the results were not too pretty. I won't post the details here in this intro thread but open a new one instead.

Greetings from Germany

Stefan

Hello Friends,
I am new here.
Just join this forum.
Hope have a good time here with good mates. :roll:

Hiya Addison and Hi to Stefan too. That sounds like very bad luck for you Stefan with your bus from the other thread, but it sounds like it`s going to be all good very soon. Addison,,, you`ve come to the right place, this is possibly the friendliest forum on the interwebby thingy bob :mrgreen: So do you have a bus ?? or maybe two ?? possibly more perhaps ?? Big welcomes to the both of you ,, please don`t be shy about joining in. Pictures are very very welcome too ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Welcome welcome and welcome again :mrgreen:

EarlyBay said:
Say hello here on this thread ...
Hello everyone
Looking forward to meeting you all on Early bay, I have just bought a 71 westy needs a small bit of work
mostly interior ,I hope to take part and learn in your posts
jeff68

Hiya Jeff68, welcome along to the EarlyBay forum. Loads of great peeps on here and all friendly too. See if you can get your head around posting pictures on here, there`s a how to on most pages and it`s fairly easy, even I can do it :lol: Twenty days to my fave day of the year now (22nd Dec) and that`s the shortest day of the year, and after that we have the countdown to the summer and when these vans come into their own, camping and bbq ing and the odd beer or two or more :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Roll on summer :mrgreen:

Hi, I'm Ray and I'm new to the forum. Just bought a 1971 Cali import bay. It's passed its MOT so I can now start the DVLA registration process.

Needs an interior refresh, decent underseal (as antidote to the British weather while the underneath is still in great Cali condition) and some paint (at some stage). Looking forward to meeting everyone at the festivals and events.
Cheers

Hi all, just a quick hello. I have owned late bays over the last 20 years or so but currently van less and on the lookout for an early bay.

So hi from Paul at York. :D

Welly said:
Hi all, just a quick hello. I have owned late bays over the last 20 years or so but currently van less and on the lookout for an early bay.

Welcome Paul - I guess you have checked out the "For Sale" area of the forum.

Was it a planned change to an early bay?

Davydomes said:
Welly said:

Welcome Paul - I guess you have checked out the "For Sale" area of the forum.

Was it a planned change to an early bay?

Not really, we have always preferred them but due to funds had to opt for the late bays however now we have sold our last van and have saved a little to hopefully find something that we can keep and pass on to our son. I'm actively looking in the for sale section now so fingers crossed.

Hi,

I'm Marc from France :mrgreen:

I own this 71 since 2 month.

I also have a 55 3 fold beetle, and I had a 69 convertible before.

Cheers !!!

Hiya Marc,, just in time to join us for Christmas, and it sounds like you know your way around a VW or two. Join in where you can and when you can. Your van looks like a proper smasher 8) and looks as cool as ice. 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, AND a hugeomahoosive welcome my friend :mrgreen:

Hi,

My name is Chris and I have been lurking about reading up on the early bays on this forum and was looking to get hold of one through the for sale section, a twist of fate intervened and I became the proud owner of "Rita" from Clifton Camper Company a week or so ago. She is a 68 Westy Import and is looking good so far but she needs a few interior related issues to be sorted, new pop top, general tarting up etc.

Looking forward to picking you brains over the next few months and getting out and meeting you guys at the midlands (ish) based shows.

Its my first air cooled and I have some good guys locally to help and advise, now I wont have to take my caravan to the shows I have been getting to (bus types / bus fest / dubs at the castle).

Super excited for the season to start and to getting the bus sorted.

Hi there Chris,, that sounds like the best Chrimbo present in the world :lol: So welcome to the Early Bay forum, and join in , stop `lurking` take lots of pictures and pop them up for us before you get started, there`s quite a few `How To`s about piccies ` get lot of pics up and maybe a new resto thread too. Ask a zillion questions if you like. Soon we`ll hook up somewhere in brilliant sunshine, maybe at the Castle and I`ll show you my magic tricks :p Mostly it`s how to make Stella disappear :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, It`s nearly here,,, ROLL ON SUMMER !!!!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers ozziedog, thanks for the welcome, don't worry plenty of newbie questions will be coming your way and I will try to get some pics up later. If anyone can link me the V55 import registration guide that graham l has done it would be appreciated. I can see plenty of mentions but can quite seem to track it down

Hi guys. Bit cart before the horse as i have just started posting some pic's on here(took this dinosaur ages to sort out how to post)but better late than never. 'Otto' is our 4th bay after a recent dabble with a T5 and cant wait to get our bus ready for a few trips to the coast and maybe a few shows. See you in the summer..

Hi. Not a newbie to dubs, but fairly recently imported a solid '70 deluxe with corvair engine which I can't wait to get stuck into after I've finished tidying up my late bay.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be on here a lot more from now on asking you lot questions :D

Swelly said:
Hi. Not a newbie to dubs, but fairly recently imported a solid '70 deluxe with corvair engine which I can't wait to get stuck into after I've finished tidying up my late bay.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be on here a lot more from now on asking you lot questions :D
Sounds ace! Get pictures up if you haven't already!

I think there are a couple of corvair conversions on here, and a splitty on the ssvc too.

Welcome along!

Cheers

Alistair

Not had this very long...

9000052640_72ff834d0d_k1.jpg

Had beetles and a Split before but this is my first Bay

Lots to do but a very solid base to work from :D :D

Latest posts