New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,just joined this site and thought I'd introduce myself,I've had plenty of VW's before,but this is my first early bay.A 1970 Dormobile conversion bought with a serious case of rust and rot! Any way that was last year and one year on it's getting close to being ready.See pictures of some of the progress.Look forward to going to some meets soon!

When I first bought it
front2.jpg

After I cut the front off
IMG_0891.jpg

New front panel
IMG_0851.jpg

Front panel welded on at last!
IMG_0905.jpg

Hello everyone,
Just joined because i'm after an early. Currently i've got a T25 DoKa which once i've finished the engine rebuild will be up for sale. Hopefully the sale of the T25 will put a few quid in the bank and fund my Bay.
I used to have a crossover model (zwitter i'm told) - FAL606J if anyone knows where it is.

When i get my bay, it'll be a crew cab, because they're most usable for me. Needs to be a working vehicle as well as a toy. Once it's bought and built it'll look like this...
MyBayCrewCabBus.jpg

Hopefully get to know you folks a bit, maybe catch up if any of you head to Malvern for Vanfest or BVF.

WELCOME all newbies , This is THE only site to look at 8)

Buttercup i love commercial VW`s so hope you get a D/C and we are doing a BIG meet @ Vanfest , Should be an Early bay line up , pop over and say hello :wink:

Grazy said:
Buttercup i love commercial VW`s so hope you get a D/C and we are doing a BIG meet @ Vanfest , Should be an Early bay line up , pop over and say hello :wink:

Thanks dude :)
I'll post on here nearer the time, maybe get a moby number or something so we can come find you all.

Hello...new to Early bay, I'm sure some of you will have seen me about in my old Notch, well thats gone in favour of a nice Early bay, I don't know why I haven't done it sooner, 16 years into VW's and my first Bus :shock: .

Loving it so far, I'll get some pics up soon as, but there are pics floating around here of it already.

Just one thing...Bad backs?, I've been driving around the last couple of days and seem to have a really bad back? Lowered van or sheer coincidence? I'm trying not to adopt the "Van drivers slouch" position, but I'm told its a losing battle? :lol:

Araon said:
Welcome, so what is it your driving? :D

1971 Microbus, Sierra Yellow, lowered, bit rough around the edges but ultra solid so plenty of fun to be had. Decided that shiney doesn't suit kids with footballs so changed to something that I won't mind having "character" added to by my 2 1/2 year old!!

Nice choice :D

71 Micro now in grey primer soon to be a custom pale blue and english cream :D

Any grand plans in the footing?

Marvin said:
Hello...new to Early bay, I'm sure some of you will have seen me about in my old Notch, well thats gone in favour of a nice Early bay, I don't know why I haven't done it sooner, 16 years into VW's and my first Bus :shock: .
What's this?
Us Restowagen lot taking over? :lol: :lol:

Buttercup said:
Marvin said:
What's this?
Us Restowagen lot taking over? :lol: :lol:

mwah hahahaha!!! World domination. We need more Bays!!

That said I'm recognising the avatar but not the Username?

My missus desperately wants a bay, so i came on here to learn!
I used to have a crossover Devon, but hopefully a Crew Cab this time.

Need to sell my DoKa to give me some money first though. Might even be able to finish my '66 too...
:roll:

[bhi been trying to log on 2 this site 4 ages now, so glad im finally on. wooohoooo. just wanna say a big hello 2 every1 and that this seems 2 have a great bunch of people on it. glad to be here. gonna post a few pics of my 72 crossover, she needs a lot of work but i think its love already.lol :lol: [/b]

Araon said:
you need to ditch that high top man its ugly :lol:

it would be great of you were 8 feet tall though!

Welcome neighbour. You should try out http://www.nboc.org.uk for the local scene, we have some stuff happening at the transport museum (cultra) next weekend. but you cant beat EB.com :wink:

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
Araon said:
you need to ditch that high top man its ugly :lol:

it would be great of you were 8 feet tall though!

Welcome neighbour. You should try out http://www.nboc.org.uk for the local scene, we have some stuff happening at the transport museum (cultra) next weekend. but you cant beat EB.com :wink:
just registered wiy nboc, just waitin on confirmation or summit. so wots the storey at cultra? and when is it wouldn mind a little run over 2 c it.

Latest posts