New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Irv and bob very solid looking westy there. Irv, i love your torvette 8) , looks restoered to a very high standard and its great to have another really nice devon on.

Im trying to compile as many pictures of devons as i can, id love to see somemore of your interior.

Just joined as i have an early bay, dont know how to post a picture, it'a white one :lol:
with not much in the way of suspension :!:

Evilben said:
Just joined as i have an early bay, dont know how to post a picture, it'a white one :lol:

Welcome Ben, i noticed you just made it back on restowagen as well :D I'm looking forward to seeing this months Ultra VW as well :wink:

A good crisp autumn morning and with high hopes of taking the Westy to Brecon for a relaxing weekend - thought it time for another new convert to the world of VW and particularly Early Bay to say 'hi'
2921960057_d0fd5f4587_m.jpg

Photo taken in Burnbake, Dorset - great natural site - shows the other crazy part of this re-entry into enjoying life - my Irish Red & White Setter - 11 months old and more energy than I ever had!

Already had some great advice from other forum members - through them found Vanshack in Eynsham, Oxfordshire who have been a godsend in sorting out some early 'issues' for me. Look forward to finding out much more, enjoying the westy and getting the balance right between keeping and acquiring as many original features as possible (luckily many still there) and making full use of the camper for weekends and holidays. Stock wheels and specific year rear bumper next. The plan is to enjoy her as she is now before making instant (possibly regrettable changes due to lack of knowledge) Already spending more time than is healthy on the site - and took in a sunday visit to vanfest - wow what a sight that was - instant westy web widow at home already, but thankfully she is 100% behind the westy as long as we take a trip over to France
Thanks to those who have responded so helpfullyto questions already - look forward to meeting many of you in the future

David

Evilben said:

Nice to see you got yourself a computer. I think you'll find gadget boy has already put some pics up of your photo shoot for ultra vw.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks brother

just some info on it

4" narrowed Franklins beam
2.5" Wagenswest drops
3" Drop plates out back
1915 engine
just put some 195/45/14 up front for more drop

Hello All,

About time I introduced myself as I have been visiting for a little while and even sourced my Bay from here. So a big thanks to this site for finding my van and to the wife for letting me eventually buy one. Anyway here it is
IMG_1067.jpg

Still haven't decided where I want to go with additions etc but have enjoyed looking at the gallery to gain inspiration. And have just realised today that the Brighton Breeze Fun Run starts down the road from me in Epsom (literally 2 miles away) so you might see my van down there.

Cheers
Chris

Hello there,

I'm french so sorry for my poor english

I live in south west off france and i manage Vintage Autohaus

i have make the TREUHAFT panel in 2003 and sell to spain

Hi, been reading and posting a bit but not said a hello yet.

I was camping near the earlybay club area at Action, and spoke to one person, sorry forgot your name!

Enjoying the atmos here in the forum, cheers 8)

Gareth

hi!
here is mine, 69DD panel
when i got it:
69panel4-vi.jpg

Dropped spindles and latemodel brakes
P1050243-vi.jpg

cb cnc ported heads
aluminium bubble block
MSD
08282008275-vi.jpg

Custom Rear Mount
09112008294-vi.jpg

thats a serious engine Jim :shock: , i hope you have some anchors for fire out the back to get you stopped :D

New to Earlybay, just joined today! I live in California but have done a fair bit of selling to the UK, and have been to the last 5 Vanfests, best show on my calendar. Personal early bay is a 1971 panel van, was in a blackberry bush tomb in Northern California. Floors are pretty solid but it's been converted to a camper somewhere in it's life. This is going to be the new shop van, logos etc. I need the correct sheet metal for where they cut the windows out, if I can't find it then I'll chop up some slider doors, should be a close match for the curve. My other two vans are a 1964 split crewcab, and a 1974 Helsinki tintop. Here are pictures of my panel from when I dragged it in...

Attachments

• DSC01662.JPG
    DSC01662.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 553
  • DSC01661.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 555

Latest posts