New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spenmiester said:
new today, but been visiting earlybay to get my " daily fix" of vans for a while. currently on the look out for van pref a '72 (my year of birth). Great site. looking forward to getting my own resto thread up when i get my van, as a welder by trade id better make it good! :D

Hello mate and welcome :mrgreen: keep them eyes out in the for sale section as there is some great vans up for grabs on a daily basis 8)

checked out the vans for sale forum today, but she who must be obeyed told me i had no chance until we move in the new year, then will have more space. women!

oooops! posted my own thread about being new, then i saw this one :D.
Hi all......just paid deposit on my first Bay, it's 67 Westy....pics to follow when i've completed the purchase and got her home :D

Thought I'd better join up as I'm getting sick and tierd of the arguments and plain dribble on VZI

I've got a 71 bay (and a 50 bug curently being done)

I've practically made everything on this one as it was a rusty shed (why did I buy it?) every panel schofields do and a custom but retro ish interior (the only thing worth saving of my danbury interior was the cooker and my brother pinched that for his as it was the only bit missing)

Its dropped about 4" got 17" mercedes alloys, audi tt leather seats, custom leather doorpanels (thanks Tanya babe) Finished in blue and ivory and er oh yeah a golf gti engine. That means it can cruise at 80 with 30mpg though and scares most passenges

GetAttachmentCAOGUHEZ.jpg

We even used it for our wedding a few years ago

Weddingbus.JPG

Hope you like it, we're based in Brockworth gloucester so come and say hello if your local

BusFront2.JPG

BusBack.JPG

busDash.JPG

Seb

I agree just joined as vzi seems to have gone down hill. or maybe ive got older :shock:

Currently got a 72 crossover, but i'm in the dilema of it needs some work, and I'm old enough to know that it will take time, so might sell and go for the US import route. I think doing this I'll get better value , although it will be LHD.

IMAG0011.JPG

Morning all.

Been a member for a while but not posted so thought I'd say hi - hi!

Got a Feb 68 clipper from the US about 2 1/2 years ago and loved every minute of it since.

Will post pics later - the f@scist IT Police at work won't let me on photobucket. :evil:

Morning all new doods :mrgreen: Massive welcome from me and the mods 8) great to see so many nice early bays coming out of the woods. We hope that you will be happy in your new home of earlybay :mrgreen: Any questions just ask............. 8)

Easy
kingnk0.gif

Hello,

I am new to EarlyBay and I can't get enough of this site! After spending years on TheSamba.com I now have another Killer site to enjoy! I am 37 and live in LasVegas, NV USA! AKA Sin city. I have a 72 crossover Westy(will post pics soon). Love looking at all the rhd bays! This site is the SH$T!!!

Hello mate and welcome 8) get some pics up of that Vegas bay! :mrgreen:

Waterboy said:
Will post pics later - the f@scist IT Police at work won't let me on photobucket. :evil:

i would doubt they would block you from google you could try

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?hl=en_US&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Flh%2Flogin%3Fcontinue%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fpicasaweb.google.com%252Flh%252Fview%253Fhl%253Den%2526client%253Dsafari%2526rls%253Den%2526q%253Dgalactic%252520heroes%2525202008%2526revid%253D1453308755%2526resnum%253D0%2526um%253D1%2526ie%253DUTF-8%2526sa%253DN%2526tab%253Diq%2523&passive=true&service=lh2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

google web albums. fairly handy and easy to use like photobucket.

Hello, New on here and no van yet.

Thought i'd say hello. Search for my perfect machine has started in earnest and am looking for a RHD Microbus in good order. Saw some great buses at the NEC classic car show.

Cheers!

noob here...

hope you guys arent purests....

I have a 68 westy and a 75 van... the 68 will become a panel and the 75 will become an identical trailer to 68...

picked up this one for $600... has motor and such... pretty much all there with front end damage.. got a straight front clip and drivers door for $50 to fix it... sold the z bed to a friend and the cats pissed all over everything else... just not worth it to me to restore the top and things... plus my girl has a 69 thats a mint westy...

img010-1.jpg

img012-1.jpg

img014-1.jpg

img015-1.jpg

where its been sitting for the last 6 months...

img086.jpg

what my plans are

deluxe.jpg

got my 75 for free from a friend.. pretty much a donor... have low backs and a bench in it.. need the steering column and such...no pics of it.. just hideous

and then there is my 65 bug... my baby.. i call her the ugly dumpling... i originally built a 4.5 in narrowed beam for it and it wasnt low enough even with drop spindles.. so i am currently doing another beam and dropping the rear a bit more... got some polished empi 5 spokes going on it too...

290562912_986191048_0.jpg

img070.jpg

Hello mate and welcome :mrgreen: love the bay idea and great choice about cutting up the 75 :twisted: :wink:

Love the dumpling aswell dood, but i think the stock wheels should stay they look sick 8)

Ola Ola...... Thought I better say hi because I have been reading the forum for months and months pre-restoration and started a thread not so long ago about my resto........ I am Alex and haved just bought a house in sunny Shepton Mallet.... My crossover is stored not so far away and have a couple of mates with buses locally but wanna widen the net a bit and meet some other early bayers around the area....... so if ya fancy a chat, over a brew and a fag give us a yell.......

Its all about the cider 8) hello mate and welcome, hope you can make the Christmas Cruise in Bristol 8)

Hello everyone, thought i'd say hello while I am waiting for some paint to dry, This is the first camper we as a family have had, my son 9yrs has been nagging me to get a vw, so because of him and the rest of us wanting some fun we purchased one on ebay, with mot till next Aug, but how this ever past an mot I will never know, its chassis has been filled with sealer and painted over and its so badly bodged underneath, there are holes everywhere, I pushed my hand through the chassis in a few places, the lights don't even work and the brakes are really bad, I got it from Kent and drove it back in the dark to Street, Somerset , with only parking lights you can imagine it wasn't the best journey, no wipers either, but I had fell in love with her and am trying my best to sort her out, I don't know much about these but am picking up on a few things, I gave £3000 for her with about 11month mot, unsure how bad the deal was but knowing what i know now I'm glad I got the early bay they look so cool with the little lights on the back and low indicators on the front, (no disrepect ment to anyone), I think the best way forward is to say it needs alot of love, ;0)
ebay005.jpg

ebay006.jpg

stillmorecider said:
Ola Ola...... Thought I better say hi because I have been reading the forum for months and months pre-restoration and started a thread not so long ago about my resto........ I am Alex and haved just bought a house in sunny Shepton Mallet.... My crossover is stored not so far away and have a couple of mates with buses locally but wanna widen the net a bit and meet some other early bayers around the area....... so if ya fancy a chat, over a brew and a fag give us a yell.......

Hi and welcome - I'm just outside Wincanton, on the road to Bruton, just round the corner from ther Hunters Lodge Inn.
Another couple of folk on here from Street too.

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts