New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi i`m kinda new . I found my van on here (VIL`S old Westy) its a 1970 California Westy , slammed on Enkei alloys :D
Everyone`s very helpfull on here! Will try and post some pics when i work out how!!

Hi, We are new to the Early Bay forum. We have posted a couple of questions and some pics of our bus already but thought we should say 'hi' too!!

We live in Suffolk and just wondered what/if any events are coming up in East Anglia??

We are very much looking forward to our first meet, Sandy (1970 Westy Campmobile) is our first bus so we have lots to learn!!

Looking forward to learning lots from you all!

Cheers

Del anl Marie :D

Johnny said:
hi Eric,

good to see you got on :D

Thanks for that! I used my samba name, wasn't taken on here! Out all day today, picked up a 63 split this morning for $300, afraid it's a bit too rough to save. Good parts though!

Hi names Nic and ive owned several early and crossover bays over the years. Just sold my last one but Im restoring a crossover in my workshop at the minute.

Also just reproducing some panels which are otherwise unobtainable...will post details on another thread

Hi all - Seeing as its a crappy rainy day and I've had to come inside and stop tinkering with the van I thought i'd say hello. Been looking at some of the posts on here over the last 6 mths and they've helped me loads and given me some great ideas.

Had my 72 Devon moonraker camper 4 yrs now and loving it, been on Brighton breeze 2007, been all over the shop on hols Hossegor & Biarritz in SW France, round France for the Rugby World Cup, Cornwall loads, Bruges, Amsterdam and not had any real bad issues other than running out of petrol on the ferry ramp one time!! :oops:, the passenger window falling down inside the door in a hailstorm and being unable to pull it back up :eek: , smoke puthering through the heating channels into the cab :shock: (still don't know what that was as it stopped after a bit and never happened again!) and a cracked fuel line. :eek:

DSC01165.jpg

My vans lowered a bit, nothing fancy justs chopped down and welded - want to go lower this winter but pondering the options and don't really get the narrowed beam etc etc requirements- worst thing about the van is its had the front panel replaced with a late one at some stage in the past so i have high indicators - getting this replaced with an early panel early next yr as the front valance etc is now rotten! Did the interior 2 yrs ago, kept the moonraker original units etc and put a rock n roll bed in. I know some people rip out the units to give more room etc but i thought i should keep the originals.

DSC01159-1.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

She's not in bad nick - sills need replacing, tailgate is going rotten at the bottom and the driver and passenger doors are completely rotten at the bottm. Other than those she's pretty good.

One thing - Side window has been replaced with a split louvre at some stage- which is quite handy but just wondered if anyone knew what yr this would be from - I've only seen the single louvre type on westys before...guessing its off a much later van than mine?

DSC01116.jpg

Also what do people reckon to me turning this into a deluxe - was thinking of investing in the side trim and doing new window rubbers with trim - would it look sh1t given that it wouldn't have all the correct features e.g. sliding windows?

Anyway - evenin all - ( hope these pics work! not convinced i've done it right)

Hiya Cox & welcome to EB...plenty of Devon moonrakers on here to keep you company....I'm sure the split louvre window was an option from Devon, "Johnny" (resident Devon perv) will be able to confirm this

Hi guys despite joining a few weeks ago this is my first post.
I'd like to say the bus in the pics is mine but it's not, it's my Dads, but he's got 2 Grandsons who can't wait to go in it!!, but then neither can I. We're going to pick it up next weekend as it only arrived from the States a couple of weeks ago so I thought you might like to have a look.

I'm sure you'll se it in some of the EarlyBay line uos next year, if that's okay?

These pics are from the US before it was shipped

70_westy_2.jpg

70_westy_4.jpg

70_westy_18.jpg

Nice cab floors

70_westy_47.jpg

And now it's in the UK

mail4.jpg

mail1.jpg

Hi

Been browsing for a while soaking up all your knowledge.

Looking to buy a bay......I've been looking on ebay but they are all too far away to go and see. I wouldn't buy without serious inspection. Anyone know of any going in & around the Brighton area? gf was finally convinced by the Brighton Breeze this year, unfortunatly I couldn't make it....gutted!!!

Cheers

danno

welcome dood give egotripping on here a pm and ask if he knows of any...he`s from that neck of the woods :wink:
ste :mrgreen:

Hi All

just bought a 68 devon caravette,picked it up tonight and delighted with it,

Attachments

• bay1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 428
Welcome! I saw the earlier threads when it was up for sale and had two thoughts - one did I buy too hastily as with my limited knowledge it looked liked a cracking buy,and second, looks like someone will end up with something rather nice - hope you enjoy and your smile doesn't vanish for a long time!

Sorry been very remiss of me not to hail a hearty welcome to all you new guys and gals out there....

Danno most of us have travelled the length and breadth to find the right bus, always good to view and take someone of some knowledge with you if nothing more than to pull you away when you fall for the biggest pile of rust imagineable :lol:

That said I had the wife and she had the money, so no expert needed.....

PM ego very nice man and a very nice bus see if he can take you round his bus and point out the issues and remind you of the pitfalls of bus ownership.....

good luck with your search

new today, but been visiting earlybay to get my " daily fix" of vans for a while. currently on the look out for van pref a '72 (my year of birth). Great site. looking forward to getting my own resto thread up when i get my van, as a welder by trade id better make it good! :D

Latest posts