New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the saying on the dash! (In rust we trust!) gonna nick that one if you don`t mind 8) :D

A sweet collection of dubs you have there buddy 8) Very nice fastback but the van is the rudest of them all :wink:

Hi.
Im Knut from Norway. I have a 71 bay camper which i got about 5 year ago.
Need some welding and paint but runs very nice.

relianthotrodnovember063.jpg

welcome mate leave the van as it is son . as long as it is solid i think it looks cool :wink:

Hi everyone. Im new to this too. New to bay ownership and new to the VW "scene".

I used to own a T25 a few years back but now am the proud owner of "Daisy". From reading the background gen on this site I think she's a 1972 Crossover. Dormobile conversion. I hope I can upload some piccies soon, when I work out how to do it.

She's in great nick and I got her on 17th Feb, so took her to DubFreeze event in Stafford....what an experience!

Anyhow - thats it for now. I am a complete mechanical novice, so will certainly be dipping in and out of this site a lot I think.

Cheers :D

Newly registered to this wonderful forum. I spotted the site when it was new, but didn't care to return and eventually I forgot about the site. When returning now, some time later I'm glad to see that there's pretty much activity on the forum. And users from all of the world! Great!

About me then. Well I'm a Swedish student, living in Stockholm and proud father of three buses. One westfalia '69 and one pickup '67 and a kombi '62. I've got a garage across town easily accesible through commuter train. My interest started with the newer "T4"-model and since the day I've got it and started to think about camping interiors the interest of the older vans, especially those with the pop-up roof, grew. Some years later, he stood there, my own westy!

Hi Kee,
Welcome to the forum - sounds like you've got your hands full with those buses; don't forget to post some pictures if you get a chance!
Nice to have you aboard...
;)

A warm welcome to all of those who I haven't welcomed yet, and enjoy
the best VW forum on the net (with the nicest bunch of nutters in the
universe :p )

Hi, my first post on Early Bay! :)

Just a small bit about me: Firstly I don't actually own an early bay... I'm a prospective owner.
I actually own a late bay (a lovely low mileage '74 ex Italian firebus), but don't worry, I won't subject you to pictures of anything that doesn't have round bumpers! :lol: The firebus is my second bay, my first being a '74 Devon, which I had for 10 happy years.
I've loved bays all my life, particularly early bays. My parents hired a brand new Dormabile for a day c1969/1970 when I was only 3 or 4, but I remember that van so clearly, infact I was the one many years later who remembered the van well enough to identify the conversion!
My parents bought a '72 crossover Danbury tin-top from new, with the Type 4 1700 engine. We had that van for 17 happy years and went everywhere in her.
My ultimate early bay would be an original Danbury or a delux... hmm food for thought! :) I think my first early bay will be one of the models sold on here! :lol:

Anyway, enough rabbiting by me. :lol: I look forward to 'meeting' evryone soon. :)

Doug

Hi Doug - Welcome aboard the EarlyBay express!
Looks like you've got some great history with your buses, with all that experience you'll be making lots of contributions to the technical forum I hope!!! :)
Look forward to seeing some pics of an Early when you get one...
Again, welcome to the forum...
J&M
;)

Justin & Mutley said:
Hi Doug - Welcome aboard the EarlyBay express!
Looks like you've got some great history with your buses, with all that experience you'll be making lots of contributions to the technical forum I hope!!! :)
Look forward to seeing some pics of an Early when you get one...
Again, welcome to the forum...
J&M
;)

Thanks for your kind welcome, J&M. I'm looking forward to having much involvement on the Early Bay Express! :D

Doug

Hello I'am also new on this site. Got here thru Airtime a buddy of mine here in the Netherlands.

We (my wife and I) are working on a 1970 bus we bought last october 2005. Plan was to have it on the road asap but we decide to make it some more of a restoration...

DSC07833.jpg

In the meanwhile we bought a new house and the tools are down for a couple of months...

DSC09067.JPG

But no worries!! this bay is comming on the road again!!

Look at my website for more pictures of this project or pictures of my 1964 Beetle convert project or our 1968 Notch or the 1967 splitbus project we allready finished. http://www.vwwestland.nl

Greets from Rotterdam,

Dennis

Justin & Mutley said:
Hi Dennis,
Welcome to the forum - your bus looks like it's coming along nicely!
Great website too - where do you find the time with all those VW's?

J&M
;)

Thanx! the time we find together.. I'am lucky with a wife I met thru the VW's ;)

Greets

Hi All,
Just thought I'd say hi. New to the forum.
1971 Danbury early body - disc brakes - best of both worlds :D
See you all at VWs @ Stansted - April 14th?
TTFN
Neil

Hi Neil, welcome to the earlybay world. 8)

Latest posts