New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, new to the site! I live in Pasco Florida, am 20 years old, and have been a little obsessed with air cooled vw's since I was like 13. My first car was a 1973 super beetle, I recently bought(and sold) a 1970 adventurewagen and am now pending buying a 1969 westy. I'm all about the slam so King/Link beam is ready to go in, drop spindles and all.

Hi Louis, welcome to the site, id love to see the westy pics.

I'll make sure I post a bunch, it'll probably be a week or so before I can buy it and drive it down. Im pretty excited, Ive been fiending for a bus again. Be prepared for mayhem.... :evil:

Hi all, been trying to get on for a while now, all sorted 8) big thanks to Johhny & Aaron for the help

I am a member of the TLB forum but wanted to pop in and say hi to allow fellow "Bay"ers, I own (or will when it arrives from the USA) a 73 Westy, it's coming in soon from California, this is my second late bay, and hopefully this one has less tinworm that the previous one.

I searched long and hard for this one and it's taken quite some time. Not afraid to say that until I had confirmation it was loaded on the ship, I was bricking it ! very scary parting with money to someone you never met for a vehicle you have never seen !

Not sure if Aaron has mention this, but I am the guy who has sourced the TLB badge bar badges, he mentioned you guys are also interested, so I will be starting a new thread to see if there is any interest.

Anyways, hiyas from me and my family, and hope to meet you all at one of the future events. pics of my camper to follow. Cheers
Darren

Hello, new here since picking up my first VW Bay in November 2010. Quite a bit to do so spending time on the parts forum right now.

Thanks to whoever sorted the registration system, finally on ;)

Tom

Hi Tom welcome to the best time of your life and also the best forum you will find on the net
Mark6455

Hello All,

Signed up a while ago but have been very distracted. Come from the south west and have a 72 cross-over project on the go. Found it it a barn in Cornwall and wrestled it from its owner. Looking forward to getting it on the road but for now its stripped of paint and in need of some welding. Would put some pic's up but it aint lookin up to much right now. Been very slow going cos I've been getting a T25 syncro on the road as well :mrgreen:

Alright guys my names Mike, im 24 and i've finally got my hands on my first VW after dreaming about it for too many years! Now the proud owner of a '72 tintop westy!
Looking forward to gaining some much needed info and advice of you.

Hey Folks,

My name is Brian and I'm new to the site. I was a regular visitor to the Samba, but the Baywindow section is lacking something!!!

I live in Indiana (USA) and I'm currently working on a '68 singlecab and hope to have it running very soon. I bought my first vw 13 years ago (1 1969 bug) when I was 15 and tore it apart, restored it and sold it. Since I've owned numerous bugs, buses and buggies and then took a 7 year hiatus for school and lack of a place to have a VW. Now I'm BACK!

welcome back brian
don't forget to post some pics when ready as we all love a bit of eye candy

cheers dude
mark

Here's a pic of the truck in it's current state. After I put the new motor in I'll concentrate on body work. I'm going for bone stock look, lifted 2-3 inches with Bias ply mud and snows on 15" Split bus rims. Should be a fun driver. I may eventually switch to some radial all terrains if the bias plies are too squirrely on the road.
705351.jpg

Tires. As you can see the truck is a little dinged up, but it's pretty solid except for the front floor and lower inner nose panel.

705355.jpg

When I first bought it
460948.jpg

The girlfriend's 78 westy (not early)
507661.jpg

Love it,,,,,,,,,,, DON`T you dare change it, that is a "Go to work VEE HICCLE" looks so good as it is, do the minimum and just enjoy it, :D

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, That is sex on whhhhheeeellss,,, ;) :? ;)

Finally picked up my bus! 1969 westy, picked it up like 2 weeks ago and drove it like 4hours home and have been driving it since. So much fun to finally own a bus that I can drive :D Be prepared for maximum slammage coming soon, paint is staying too.
0206011621.jpg

funky colours. congratulations, it looks like its been tapped with the lowering stick already?

Are you keeping the 'stinger' too. the neighbours wont be happy :lol:

Hi everyone,

I'm Tim and have finally got my hands on my first bus after a few years of wanting(and saving)

My bus got delivered on Friday and I love it, got a LHD 1971 o/g Westy poptop with original interior. Decided on a more solid US bus after going to see a few english rotters. Its not the prettiest of buses at the moment with a certain patina to it. Gave it a damn good clean when I first got it, to find a couple of bees hives in the pop top and a few 70s coins under the seats! it has full MOT and just going through the registration process at the moment so hope to meet a few of you earlybayers over the coming years!

funky colours. congratulations, it looks like its been tapped with the lowering stick already?

Are you keeping the 'stinger' too. the neighbours wont be happy

Ya, its been tapped with the stick, but the whole tree is about to fall on it lol. And the stinger is staying, its no louder than the sound of my other car scraping into the drive way :evil:

hey all , just joined here today , technically im early bay less at the moment but i do have a 73 bay but hopefully next year it will be replaced with an early.

Latest posts