New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
caz75 said:
hey all , just joined here today , technically im early bay less at the moment but i do have a 73 bay but hopefully next year it will be replaced with an early.

That's my boy ;)

Hi, I'm Lawrence and I have a '71 Moonraker in neptune blue. Recommended to join here by some lovely people I met at the Dubs in the Forest event last year in the New Forest. Having proms with the van at the mo so I'm going straight over to post in 'general'. Thanks and hello everyone..L

Hi , i`m new here & this is my first post . :shock:

A big thank`s to Johnny for sorting out my account .

I own a `72 single cab , had it a month & only driven it 3 miles .

It`s already in bit`s having the front suspension replaced so it sit`s a bit closer to the tarmac . 8)

I`m sure i`ll be asking lot`s of question`s as i`ve been used to water pumper`s , this air cooled stuff is totally different .
Also seem`s a minefeild to a noob like me !

I`ll try & get photo`s up when it`s back on the road , not good with pc`s though so may take a few goes .

Hello everyone. Early Bay fan from Indiana here. I've been trying to get on here for a few weeks, thanks to the sticky Johnny put up I finally got a hold of him and got my account activated.

I've got a 71 Kombi, used to have a 79 Westy, but I sold it to fund the Kombi project. I also have a 72 Beetle. I'll start a thread and post plenty of pictures in the Gallery forum.
-Andy

P1152715.jpg

Hi from Canada. Found this site while trying to figure out which model bay I wanted and settled on this '71 westy. I'll post a thread in the Gallery if/when I find time to work on it.

Bob.

I feel like im at therapy or something :D

Hi My name is Lee and I have an addiction for Volkswagens.
I have currently not got an EB but I'm working on it. For my sins I currently have a '59 Split army kombi and a 69 deluxe bug.

Looking to get a nice pre crossover camper when I have sold the splitty, something that me and the family can go away for weekends and holidays in.

well thats me in a nutshell, ill get to know the regulars on here no doubt and will be asking advice on all things EB

Lee

Hello and welcome to all new doods, come in sit down and get posting! 8)

blue72beetle said:
Hello everyone. Early Bay fan from Indiana here. I've been trying to get on here for a few weeks, thanks to the sticky Johnny put up I finally got a hold of him and got my account activated.

I've got a 71 Kombi, used to have a 79 Westy, but I sold it to fund the Kombi project. I also have a 72 Beetle. I'll start a thread and post plenty of pictures in the Gallery forum.
-Andy

P1152715.jpg

Good to see you finally got through! I emailed, but received no reply.

Nice looking VWs!

caz75 said:
hey all , just joined here today , technically im early bay less at the moment but i do have a 73 bay but hopefully next year it will be replaced with an early.
Welcome and don't worry about being EB less as you have an Early Late Bay! :msn4: :lol:
Good to see so many new faces joining the throng! Keep speading the good word people 8)

Hello there everyone, just logged on and thought I would say hi, I am looking for an Early bay and I stumbled across your forum, WOW there are some really nice vans out there.

Hope to scratch the itch I have had for a long time now and take the plunge into ownership this year, just have to decide if I am up for a massive ammount of welding etc or try to buy as near a complete van as possible and bite the bullet in the cost department

Oh, we have a New Beetle in the family (Poppy) but I guess that dont count :msn4:

krautwaggen said:
Good to see you finally got through! I emailed, but received no reply.

Nice looking VWs!

Thanks for trying though. I figured if I was just patient enough I'd end up on here someday.

Welcome to all the new ones and I will gaurantee that you will have a good time on here - some very knowledgable peeps hang around so don't be shy with the pictures and the questions. :mrgreen:

hello tulley 1979 here just to say how do to all of ya. you will find i am not an owner of the early bay my last van was a late bay but very nice it was. my next van will be early (hopefully) any way enough waffling see you soon :p

Hi All, excited to have finally joined! Finally took the plunge, sold the 1 year old superbike, bought a 41 year old camper.... The wife says I'm having a reverse mid life crisis!

Always wanted a bus, and after 2 years of being educated through camper and bus, finally took the plunge last weekend. Just waiting for a re-con engine to be fitted and off we go!

Great forum, you've already saved me £200 on the insurance through Cherised, hopeing the group buy of propex heater goes ahead!

Cheers to Johnny for sorting out the joining bit, I am a sponge ready to soak up the huge bath of knowledge out here....

Chris

Chris73 said:
Hi All, excited to have finally joined! Finally took the plunge, sold the 1 year old superbike, bought a 41 year old camper.... The wife says I'm having a reverse mid life crisis!

Always wanted a bus, and after 2 years of being educated through camper and bus, finally took the plunge last weekend. Just waiting for a re-con engine to be fitted and off we go!

Great forum, you've already saved me £200 on the insurance through Cherised, hopeing the group buy of propex heater goes ahead!

Cheers to Johnny for sorting out the joining bit, I am a sponge ready to soak up the huge bath of knowledge out here....

Chris

nice one. will we see you at volksworld?

Hi All!
Just wanted to say, as just got my account activated today (Thanks Johnny...)

Bit of an imposter really, as I currently drive a 1991 T4 with a home camper conversion (which I do love), but really I'm hankering after an early bay panel van that I can play around with :msn4:, so will be trawling through the classifieds I think.

You all seem to have some lovely stuff, I am very jelous!

Look forward to seeing you all around,
Paul.

Bus isn't going to be ready. Boo!! I'm trying to get down on the Sunday in the trusty Scirocco, If I manage it I'll come and say Hi! Cheers for the welcome, I seem to be spending most of my waking hours on here now.....

Latest posts