New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
am usually on The Late Bay but kinda sitting on the fence with a 72 crossover Westy bought from a thoroughly nice chap near Crewe last April. This is my second post cos first was actually in the claasifieds, so thought I'd be polite and do a proper intro...anyway, EB or not, here's our bus on her first camping trip last year...

Nice one Jack Tatty, nice to see you kick off with a good lookin piccy :mrgreen: That`s a rather gorgeous cross dresser if ever I seen one and you and your bus are very very welcome on the Early Bay any time you like and you`ll always feel at home here. I haven`t been over to the late gang for a little while now to see if they`s ok, so say hiya to them all when you`re next on there :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Early,,, Late,,, in the middle,,, Whatever :lol: ;) :lol:

Cheers Ozziedog,

she's actually our second bay, our first was on her way to being resto'd but didn't quite make it sadly....Still, onwards and upwards :D

Hiya! Another newbie here, hoping to learn loads from this forum!

We are in the process of searching for a VW campervan, I'm still learning the different types, so bear with me. We are a family with 3 children(6,5 & 2), and mainly want a camper for fun days out and the occasional night away. I have hundreds of questions in my head, but the most important is whether we'll beable to get 3 seatbelts fitted in the back? We currently have our eye on a T2 Early bay, with no interior, so its a blank canvas to do with as we please.

Looking 4ward to getting to know you all!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Been hovering for a while, then joined in Feb. Took delivery of Gracie, a 71 Westy in May. If I can work out how to put some pic's up I will. Computers, give me a spanner any day.

Jack.

[photobucket] [/photobucket]

Hiya jack and Happy Camper, big old welcome to you both, them photos are tricky little monkeys till you get the hang of it and by the time I get round to photos again they change the system :evil: Gracie looks to be an absolute beauty. As far as the three seatbelts in the back, I can`t see that is a problem as I`ve seen a few campers with two lap sash belts on the outers and just a lap belt in the middle. You`ve also got the option of buddy seats with belts fitted behind and backwards to the cab seats. Three belts `may' be a problem if you had a three quarter rock and roll bed instead of the full width one, not 100% sure on that.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A MASSIVE WELCOME to you both :mrgreen:

Hi All,

New to EarlyBay. New to Bay's. I haven't even got one yet but I'm looking. Hopefully this forum can help ;)

Mazedmarv

MazedMarv, what a greatname. Welcome along mate and ask away :D Might be an idea if you post up what sort of area you live in (I know you have posted Ely but where`s that ??) and how far you`d like to travel to view then you may even get someone off here to pop along and have a look with you when you`re about to buy one. Someone here may even know the bus personally :shock: Have a browse in the for sale section on here, there`s also the late bay forum and their for sale bit and ssvc and vzi and piston heads, the list goes on , but if you spot a good looking candidate, pop some pics up on here and let us have a look and see what we can see. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good luck with the search :mrgreen:

Hi guys (and gals) - welcome to the forum, ask away as theres always someone on here with the answer to your questions ;)

Hi to you all
i am bert from ALKMAAR NETHERLANDS
i have a late bay from 1979 :oops: :oops: :oops:
it is an jurgen auto-villa from south Afrika :D :D :D
i have it sinds 1 may this year
here some pics
http://s782.photobucket.com/user/riptarzan/library/?sort=3&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s782.photobucket.com/user/riptarzan/library/jurgen%20op%20vacantie?sort=3&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greets bert and marian

Hi there Tarzan, welcome to the Early bay. I`ve been to your house where you used to live in California near L.A. when you was Johny Weismuller :lol: Great user name,,,, why did no one else think to use that one ?? We don`t care what sort of bay you got whether it`s Early or Late or in the middle,,, but we do care about photos ;) So where`s the photos then ?? And did I say,,,,,,,,,,,, a great big welcome to you Tarzan. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh yes,,,,,,,,,, about those pictures,,,,,,,, where are they ???? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

IMG_1064.jpeg

Superb looking bus mate. 8) 8) 8)

My nickname was Ozzie because I grew up in Australia. Not long after coming to England, I had a dog who was called Ozzie and then became Ozziedog because of mum shouting at him or me. He`s been dead for a long time now 20 or maybe 25 years,, but I adopted the name,,,, just seemed the thing to do, nothing but good memories of me and Ozzie the dog later known as Ozziedog. Some of the young children in my family do not even know me by any other name other than Ozzie or Ozziedog,,, or ,,, that Naughty Ozziedog :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Spooky int it :msn4: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :msn4:

[photobucke t][/photobucket]thought i should say hello,been browsing the site awhile.this is our first camper had it a couple of years now

Hey Rick, nice of you to stop by, even nicer of you to pop up a picture as it saves us nagging you for one :lol: A smashing looking vee hickle you have there, it`s got those weird things fitted as well, I think you call them brakes ;) A super welcome to you and your bus (have you got a name for him / her yet ??)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Nice piccy,, no nagging,,, whatever next?? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ozzie
Fair play you are like the guy that used to meet and greet the welsh folk at Brooklyn heights in Newport south wales when i was underage,?,?, with the glittery glove shaking everyone's hand welcoming everyone to the establishment...you are definitely part of the original furniture of earlybay.com with lots of patina....long may it continue!!! Nice one.. Ben

ozziedog said:
(have you got a name for him / her yet ??)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Nice piccy,, no nagging,,, whatever next?? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
she hasn't a definate name yet but one is forming,did have a period where she was called a lot of bad names but i'm learning and she is much better now :)

'70 Rick said:
ozziedog said:
(have you got a name for him / her yet ??)

she hasn't a definate name yet but one is forming,did have a period where she was called a lot of bad names but i'm learning and she is much better now :)

I think we all go through the phase of a bad name or two, or wishing you`d never started this crazy thing we call Early Bay worship,, well maybe not worship, but definitly adoration :roll: If I`m about, I love saying hello to the nooo peeps, when I`m away with work, the other guys step up to the plate and that saves everyone getting bored with my silly banter, but ,,,,,,,,,,,when I`m home :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, When I`m home,,,,,,,,,,, you is stuck with me :mrgreen:

Latest posts