New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, just got me a 71 Dormobile, pretty stock needs tidying and lowering, absolutely lovin it!! Need a long summer to work on it evenings and weekends and so I also have time for my first love 79 T25 westy (but I've seen the light). :D

andywedge said:
Hi, just got me a 71 Dormobile, pretty stock needs tidying and lowering, absolutely lovin it!! Need a long summer to work on it evenings and weekends and so I also have time for my first love 79 T25 westy (but I've seen the light). :D

Welcome to EB... and welcome to the world of Dormobile :D if you nee parts for the roof they are still going and you can buy pretty much everything! http://www.dormobile.co.uk/pdfs/VWpartsUKEU.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have fun!
Lee

Hey just got my bay tonight, 78 van with a viking roof.

Cant wait to get out in it this weekend and to start the upgrades.

Hello.
My name is Bubba and some of you may already know me...I have owned Beetles for 30 years and just bought my first Bus..it's a 1971 Deluxe Walk-thru and I absolutely love it..It needs work but that's what I like to do...engine is in boxes and a lot of things are missing(like front calipers etc) but I am sourcing parts and hope to get it going soon enough..here is the day I brought it home..

and getting comfortable in my garage

Thanks for having a forum dedicated to these cool early Bay's

Hello all. I'm Kevin, from Moore Haven, Florida USA. I've been snooping about here for a couple of years so I thought it was about time I introduced myself and my Bus. I've had this Bus for a couple years now and have done just about everything to it except bodywork and paint. The first pic is from about a year ago. The second pic is a couple months ago on Daytona Beach the day before the No Dough Bus Show. Cheers.

Hi there, welcome to the forum and we`re glad you piped up :mrgreen: Van looks great as do all the other new folks. Because you has been snooping, you sorta knew we were gonna ask for piccies,,, so well pre-empted my friend. I like the sound of that show too,,,,, No Dough Bus Show,,,,, sounds a good bit of fun :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, So what took you so long then Kevin ??? :lol: ;) :lol:

AircooledEd said:
newhippy said:
Hi, new member to this forum, recently purchased a 71 Westfalia LHD low light crossover. Been sorting out the rear lights, as despite having an MOT they weren't working properly. Taking it on the Ipswich to Felixstowe vintage run at the weekend.
Adrian

Hi Adrian I'm fairly recent to the EB forum too. I missed the Ips/Felix. vintage run 'cos we were off to Stanford Hall but will have to keep an eye out for you if you are local to Ips. What colour is your Westy? (We are a bright candy green/white 72 tintop on Fuchs, can't mistake us! :mrgreen:

Just caught up with this post :roll: I'm in Colchester and the Westy is all various shades of white. We did do the run with no problems although the lights still weren't working properly, think they are fixed now. Adrian

vw%20bus%201.jpg

vw%20bus%202.jpg

Hi guys, thought it was about time I stopped just reading posts and said hello.
So, here's my 1970 Westy, had it a while now but still plenty to do to it.
Its off the road at the moment which i'm not enjoying much whilst I get on with the interior refurb and a few other bits..

IMG_0800.jpg

Hi everybody, I'm Joe, my bus is Luna, and Glad to be in an early bay only forum. I have a thread on TheSamba, and while looking for ideas on how to build her the way I want, saw this site. I'm sorry first post is so huge. Don't know how to shink the pics to forum size
Luna:
1053960.jpg

my name is jack
Ilike vw's and old school bmx bikes
I am 13 years old and my parents are
might be getting a westfalia bay

Hi there J4ck, Hi there Joe, and Hi there to Sweepa !!
A big hello to you peeps and a big welcome to the forum, great pics and good looking beasties (busses). I`m glad a lot of the gang are just joining in now, it`s an even better forum when peeps join in ;) J4ck must have the most tantalising bus as they haven`t got it yet,,, all pipe dreams at the moment which must surely add to the flavour of the fabled Early Bay :mrgreen: Have they been to see any yet ??? If they do, then pop up a piccie or two and let us advise from the pics, although sometimes it`s much better to see in the flesh ;)
We must have nearly a trillion zillion members now from all over the known universe,,,,,,,,,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Is there anyone out there that hasn`t joined yet :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Hi there J4ck, you have the most tantalising bus as they haven`t got it yet,,, all pipe dreams at the moment which must surely add to the flavour of the fabled Early Bay :mrgreen: Have they been to see any yet ??? If they do, then pop up a piccie or two and let us advise from the pics, although sometimes it`s much better to see in the flesh ;)
We must have nearly a trillion zillion members now from all over the known universe,,,,,,,,,
:

we went to see a late devon but it had too many little things wrong with it and
we have our heart set on a westy 8)

I will pop pics up as soon as we get it mate 8)

J4CK

Hi J4CK, can`t wait for the pics,, as I`m sure that you can`t wait for the bus, if you is lovin a westy,,,,,,, then follow your hearts :mrgreen: Tell them not to be afraid of the left hand drive ones, as you may get less rust for your money :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Less is sometimes more :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

G'Day fellow bus fans, been a member for a few years but forgot all my log in stuff so have now re-registered, so here i am :D
Based in the North island of NZ but originally from St Albans Herts, been here 12 years now,. I sold my old 71 devon when we emigrated but had a 71 microbus lined up for our arrival :) . Olive cost me $5500nz dollars when we were getting $3 to the pound.
quite a small scene here but all my local mates own early bays, including two genuine deluxe microbuses 24 code.
ill post some pix when i find some lol.

Hi All!!!

Im Rich,
I currently own a late westy with a hi top. I attend quite a few shows and the more I have got into the scene to more I want an early bay. The engine in mine went boom the other week and thanks to a hefty repair bill its pushed me over the edge and out of love with my currant weekend home. So now its fixed ill be selling up.
So im looking to get myself an early bay or crossover in the very near future.

Hope to see you all about soon. :msn4:

Latest posts