New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it was time I said hi, had early bays for the last 10 years, currently have a Stretched early bay we've had for the last 5-6 years and given a complete make over, I also have a '69 panel van & a '69 notchback. Here are some pictures of Stretch

Pic_517.jpg

049.jpg

048.jpg

044-1.jpg

Hi

May be a silly question. Looking into getting my first camper, actually my first VW. Can you use an early bay as a everyday drive? Will be giving up driving my alfa for a bay camper and have a family on the way.

thanks

gavin

I've used Early bays as daily drivers, was great at the time but I much prefer my comfort & heating of my Range Rover now lol! I keep my VW's for nice days and shows now but do like using them to & from work when the Rangie breaks lol!

Been lurking around for a few months. My name's Peter from southern CA. Here is my 71 westy with a 1776 motor. Sorry about the early/late bay front end; it has a new front clip. Just waiting for it to be properly welded.
IMAG1183.jpg

IMAG1148.jpg

Evening.

Bought a 1972 bay window about 3 months ago. It's a bit of a rot box but I'm tackling the worst bits now.

I'll no doubt be calling on most of your experience and expertise in the very near future

Mick

Evening all. I'm from Essex and until 6 months ago I had no air-cooled vw's although that seems to be changing rapidly.

Having recently finished a buggy build I'm now looking at panel vans so will be posting a wanted add shortley.

I'm looking forward to getting involved

Hello. No early bay at the moment but might have one next week (fingers crossed!) had a couple of rotten late bays in the 90's and missed having a bus for 10 years so it's now time to buy a solid early bay. Watch this space! :msn4:

Hi, people.
Joined a while back but have been too busy fixing the damn bus to get some quality time on the forum.
Early bay, registered January '68 in Sweden ( where I believe they don't use grit on the roads ). An unknown chain of events ended up with me buying it in Auigust last year on a whim and then having to get rid of my 1980 T25. Also have a '74 1303, and have also had a Baja Bug in my youth and a Beach buggy until a few years ago. Still learning !!!...but have learnt an AWFUL lot over the past month or so and am now quite proficient at " taking 'em out and putting ' em in"

Think it's sorted now and got to a show on Saturday at Tynemouth. Next stop Harewood house....fingers crossed.
Beach.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

All done by myself on the drive It's changed a bit more since these photos as I can't stop fiddling. Two buddy seats with storage and a toilet, surfboard table and overhead cupboard and still evolving. Nothing too severe as it is my daily.
It was like this when bought.
1-2.jpg

Hi all,

just discovered the forum a few days ago.

Have a plan to get myself a poptop early bay and this seems to be the perfect place to start my search and 'bay education!

My wife already has a wicked '59 bug - and I'd like to add to the line-up with my own aircooled camper :-D

Steve

This is a funny old forum? Newbies arrive and say hello on this "built for the purpose" thread and are promptly ignored. I was going to say hello, but as nobody reads it I won't bother. :lol:

BTW - Hi all you newbies up there^. :D

hi i'm dog a mod on the late bay. i have a bay that may never be restored at th speed i'm going. thanks for your kind hospitality x

H i there,,,,,,,, this is a funny old forum !!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: You look at the new dudes bit on and off and nobody shows ? You look away,,, for what seems to be five minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,there`s a que. :?

So hello to all the new peeps,,, some interesting sounding names and busses. If you have `lurked' around for a bit,,,,,,,well you know we like photos,,,,,lots of photos :roll: See what you can do and we`ll speak soon :D

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just like busses ,........ 8) :lol: 8)

Hi to everyone new who has posted here.

A big 'SORRY!' for not being able to welcome each individual who has joined. Here on Earlybay we welcome everyone who shares our interest. There are some amazing buses popping up and it is great to have new faces, expertise and personalities on the site.

We love to see pictures of your earlies, so please start your own gallery thread, it is a great way to share your pride and joy & record it's progress.

Regards Jon.

Hello my name is Ryan,
Bought my first early bay last Saturday 30.7.11 and am like a dog with 2 d**ks as I have wanted one for over 10 years.
Saw this pop up on vzi for a silly cheap price and phoned the seller monday morning, saw it Tuesday morning after a 128 mile drive paid a deposit and then advertised my 72 bug sold it on the Thursday and then at the weekend picked her up and drove my first l/h/d early bay home with a massive smile on my face.
IMAG0053.jpg

Hope you like have loads to do but it is solid and requires no panels or welding anywhere! First job is to get some underseal as it originally came from Jacksonville and then was imported from california to the uk in january this year, but its l mot'd and taxed so just work on it and enjoy as I go along.
Cheers

spoonerdtg said:
Hello my name is Ryan,
Bought my first early bay last Saturday 30.7.11 and am like a dog with 2 d**ks as I have wanted one for over 10 years.
Saw this pop up on vzi for a silly cheap price and phoned the seller monday morning, saw it Tuesday morning after a 128 mile drive paid a deposit and then advertised my 72 bug sold it on the Thursday and then at the weekend picked her up and drove my first l/h/d early bay home with a massive smile on my face.
IMAG0053.jpg

Hope you like have loads to do but it is solid and requires no panels or welding anywhere! First job is to get some underseal as it originally came from Jacksonville and then was imported from california to the uk in january this year, but its l mot'd and taxed so just work on it and enjoy as I go along.
Cheers

Hi Ryan, looks like great bus. Start yourself a gallery thread and we can follow the work.

spoonerdtg said:
Hello my name is Ryan,
IMAG0053.jpg

Cheers

Hi,

Welcome along! Looks similar to my bus, is it a westy?, it has the westy electric socket, but not the louvre windows on the middle windows?
As mentioned, get pics up of your new ride (and the bug!) in the gallery, always a good way to start a thread, and post up as many questions in the other areas, we are all a friendly bunch on here, plenty of very knowledgeable folk on here, and some very good show winning buses too.

Even though this thread is for newbies, to say hello, and i'm certainly forgetting it's here sometimes, normally the responses are a little quicker! :oops: I reckon most people aere commenting on the gallery thread of you newbies buses - and the tech area is busy too, and lots of for sale bits, certainly i never hardly use the E of Bay to buy anything 2nd hand, all of my sales and purchases are through the forum, you'll find what you need, and good advice on here, so welcome along!

Cheers!

Alistair

Hello earlybayers! i'm Rick (from the site that pays roadtax) and i'll first say thanks for the chance to post on your forum while ours is broken, there is no truth in the rumour i broke it through excessive posting although i do post A LOT anyway if you are interested i have a 1978 Champagne Edition 2 Westfalia Berlin Deluxe which i imported myself in May from sunny California, i've done loads to it so far and i won't bore you 'cos the indicators are in the wrong place for you to care about lol. Here's a pic - her name is Bollyknickers. Regards Rick.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8504/bollyatcj.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello and welcome to all those who have said hello on here.

My apologies for not saying hello before - I suspect I speak for many others on here as well when I say its my fault entirely - due to my not looking at the "sticky" threads on this (and other) forums.

As ZedBed pointed out in his post in general chat, I can see that the lack of replies might give a rather odd impression to newcomers but I assure you all its wholly unintentional. :)

Latest posts