New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1077.jpg

Now that We've got the photobucket thing working, thought we should say hello properly. Wilson is a 1971 bay LHD. After a problematic refurb, we are now able to enjoy the early bay lifestyle. We're looking forward to an interior refit soon as well.

Need to get the dynamo pulley fixed first though - on the case with that thanks to the technical forum.

My kids are lucky - I wish my folks had an early bay when I was a wee lad.

Been lurking around here for a while without a bus, but have finaly bought one! Found this -71 Kombi just a few kilometers from my home. The numberplates was turned in in 1999, so it have been off the road since then. Rust is a common thing i Norway too, but this have survived rather well. The previous owner have had some welding done to it.

As found:
P9295359.jpg

With a new battery and some work under the distributor cap we were able to start it and drive it up on the trailer!
P9295373.jpg

Bumpers back on:
P9305417.jpg

The tires on it was leaking badly so I was able to get hold on some 15" Mercedes wheels with 195/60-15 tires.
IMAG0788.jpg

The plan i to get it registered and tested and just drive it with this paint for a while. A proper paint job in Norway will probably cost about 3000 £ so I will need to save some money before that will be done. Rock n roll bed needs to be made as the car is registered for 6 persons. New brakes and a lowering job is also in the plans!

hi masters. i would like to ask some ideas regarding the color scheme of 72 deluxe bay. is it two toned? or only the roof are white color? thanks much :)

Hi there everyone, welcome to the Early Bay forum and thanks for the piccys :mrgreen: As far as original colour schemes, there don`t seem to be too many hard and fast rules with stock colours. Some countries had unusual colours only available in one country, Australia for example had a few colours of it`s own. White roofs were more common I should think but definitely not the only stock version. I like your thinking clockwork and wished maybe,, just maybe that`s what I`d done. Wilson has a nice line there that his Kids are lucky which I think is a brilliant line / thought / idea / ethos. And YES he`s absolutely right, it`s a great environment for the little peeps to hang out in :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, (While we`re getting pissed) :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

clockwork said:
Thought i'd register rather than lurk around in the for sale area.

I'm possibly in the market for a bay window. been told by the mrs that as we have a 2nd nipper due in Feb that if I want more than two weekends away next year I need to take Harvey who will be three by June next year.

I've got a couple of Type 3's at the moment, a 71 ozzy import Fasty and a 63 Square in resto. Seems that if i'm going to be hauling the little guy around as well it's perhaps time to weigh in and get myself a bus.

So here I am, having a nose about trying to learn a little more about them. I've got some pals that have them so know a few things but you can never know too much eh.

Undecided yet whether to get something that needs work or something ready to roll in...but seeing as I already have a full resto on the go i'm swaying towards the latter.

That's me.

Si

Hello chap!

Good to see you over here on Earlybay.....

got anything you would like to share with us.......????

:D

For anyone that doesn't know 'Clockie' he's a top geezer.. just step away quickly but politely when he mentions Sambuca or Jager Bombs!!

I've been lurking a while but bought a Cross-Over SoCal Import on Monday. :D
Already made myself look a tw*t on VZi by asking stupid questions, but hey you cares? Ya gotta learn somewhere.
Going to Ace on Sat and Slough on Sun, come say hello if you can.
Will post a piccy when I work out how to do it from an iPad.

Shorty said:
clockwork said:
Thought i'd register rather than lurk around in the for sale area.

I'm possibly in the market for a bay window. been told by the mrs that as we have a 2nd nipper due in Feb that if I want more than two weekends away next year I need to take Harvey who will be three by June next year.

I've got a couple of Type 3's at the moment, a 71 ozzy import Fasty and a 63 Square in resto. Seems that if i'm going to be hauling the little guy around as well it's perhaps time to weigh in and get myself a bus.

So here I am, having a nose about trying to learn a little more about them. I've got some pals that have them so know a few things but you can never know too much eh.

Undecided yet whether to get something that needs work or something ready to roll in...but seeing as I already have a full resto on the go i'm swaying towards the latter.

That's me.

Si

Hello chap!

Good to see you over here on Earlybay.....

got anything you would like to share with us.......????

:D

For anyone that doesn't know 'Clockie' he's a top geezer.. just step away quickly but politely when he mentions Sambuca or Jager Bombs!!

Cheers for the welcome fella,

anything to share....?? erm.....

oh yeh!! picked up my 71 today

1D9ACACE-C724-477F-879F-E56E41484780-2827-000001EFB5862D5D.jpg

20A13B94-0DF6-4297-AFA1-209050316B30-2827-000001EFA359DBBF.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Peeps , im new to EB but looking forwards to hopefully joining up with you @ a few shows next year . im coming from the darkside of Split Bus ownership & i have seen the light , the low light ! ;)

clyde said:
A big welcome to the low life for Clocky and 70westy. 2 very nice vans.

Cheers Jon, both for the comment and for the lengthy telephone conversation prior to purchase.

Catch up soon fella ;)

Welcome peeps! some awesome vans and people joining the fold 8)

LA Bay said:
Hi There

New to the site but have had my Westy since 2010. Done about 8,000 miles in 'Betty' so far.

Had the interior re-trimmed and done a few other things to her, but want to do a few more hopefully over the winter!

Anyways heres a couple of pics

SonyPics718.jpg

Bettymakeover020.jpg

Bettymakeover007-1.jpg

Still got the coolbox/sink unit but it's in the garage at the moment, to give us a bit more room, especially with the two mad dogs we have.

Hi to everyone.

Oo that is sooo nice. It must be a bugger to keep clean though. :msn4:

Hi folks, just joined, got a 72 Danbury, had it about 6 years but doing a resto on it hoping to have it back on the road next year will post some pics up. Sorry can't post pics at the moment because I'm at work and photobucket is blocked so will post them when I get home, approx 2 weeks. basically went to do a touch up on the top half and when I took the windows out there was rust so ended up doing a full resto, just doing guttering and then interior.
Cheers

Gunners

Hello from Vancouver, BC Canada. Been lurking for a while, taking in lots of great inspiration from lots of killer rides on here... I thought i'd introduce my OG paint, mostly rust free Cali export `70 deluxe.

Rolling at the beach:
959975.jpg

My girls(dedicated fan club)
850078.jpg

Rolling to the Great Canadian VW show:
850108.jpg

In the drive with my Zwitter:
850079.jpg

Hi All from France,

Newly registered today and thought I'd dive straight in. I have a beautiful 1970 Montana Red Westy called Scarlett, which is in great condition.

I like my vans to be as original or orginal looking as possible as thats wha made us all fall for them in the first place, so none of my vans have been lowered, narrowed, chopped, tubbed or anything like that..

I will endeavour to add a picture soon.

I live in the South of France and moved here to set up a VW Camper hire business amoungst other things, I won't bore you with the details straight away as that's is not polite!

Ian

Latest posts