New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone so after posting a wanted add on here a year ago family life and kitchens got in the way of me buying a camper much to my annoyance although the wife seems to like her kitchen.

Fast forward till today and I agreed to purchase a friends unfinished project off him with the intention of having it finished for show season 2014. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Bit about me I'm in Colchester Essex and own a 75 beach buggy with another collection of bits ready to build a Manx but the opportunity to buy the van has taken priority for a while now.

I look forward to meeting you all on what is bound to be a roller coaster journey

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome & looking forward to seeing some pics! I'm new on here too, but already got loads of useful info.

Will

Hi, my name is Chris but most call me Ford. I have been lurking here for awhile and haven't wanted to say much for fear of jinksing myself. Today I just arrived home with my new to me 1971 Westy so I figure it is safe to introduce myself now.
This makes my 26th VW (my first was a 70' Westy that my Dad purchased new). It has been a couple decades since I have had one though, I went from VW's to muscle cars to street rods and now I've gone full circle back to almost where I've started.
Now I just need to figure out where I put that VW manual 20 years ago.

ford said:
Hi, my name is Chris but most call me Ford. I have been lurking here for awhile and haven't wanted to say much for fear of jinksing myself. Today I just arrived home with my new to me 1971 Westy so I figure it is safe to introduce myself now.
This makes my 26th VW (my first was a 70' Westy that my Dad purchased new). It has been a couple decades since I have had one though, I went from VW's to muscle cars to street rods and now I've gone full circle back to almost where I've started.
Now I just need to figure out where I put that VW manual 20 years ago.

26 VW's!!! You must be as old as ... Santa!? :lol:

Welcome Chris :)

Not so much old as crazy, I'm "only" 44. If you count all the cars I've had as oppossed to just VW's, I've had over 150. Recently I tried to downsize, selling my 55' Chevy, 65' Pontiac, 30' Ford, and 64' T-bird. You can see how well that plan is working now that the bus is home. :roll:

Happy new year to that crazy old dude and all the new peeps. I too have had over 100 motors, :shock: Welcome anyhow and enjoy your stay :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,Maybe,,,,,,,,, the oldest of the old :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Hello to all of you. My name is greg. Love this site even though I am in the USA. Actually Nevada where there is no such thing as rust. Sorry about that comment. Some of the projects I have seen on here are amazing! They keep me focused on my 2 1971 bays!

Retroman said:
Hello to all of you. My name is greg. Love this site even though I am in the USA. Actually Nevada where there is no such thing as rust. Sorry about that comment. Some of the projects I have seen on here are amazing! They keep me focused on my 2 1971 bays!
Hello Retro, I to am in the desert here in SoCal,,,,,almost,,,no rust, yes the work you see here blows me away, there are some really skilled folks on this site, welcome :)

Here I is :mrgreen: Only home weekends at the moment :evil: As R.A. says,,,,, welcome everyone,,,,,, but where`s them piccys ????

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, No Piccys ????? Then it didn`t happen :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

busesonly2.jpg

Finally was able to stop driving it long enough to take a picture.
Her name is Tina, as in patina.

Hi! Just bought my first bus, I have always wanted one and we have a long way to go to restoring her. 1970 Type 2.

Hiya Kimeejo, you got a 70 same as me :mrgreen: 8) :p Good luck with the resto, and this is THEEEE place to hang and get info and stuff for your bus from the peeps on here (not me,,,,,, tooooo thick) So welcome welcome and welcome, start a resto thread as soon as you get started :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you read all the above posts ^^^ it does mention something (we likes piccies) :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Hi new to this site so hello everybody,
Me and the family are looking for westy wanted one for some time now trying to find one is easier than said none are ever near!! Went 100 mile other day to look at one ten mile away he rang to say sold it:0( if you got something!! Email some pics to [email protected] thanks shane

Hiya Shane, good luck with the hunt,, have you had a look at for sales section on here and on the late bay ?? You may be in at the right time as this seems to be the first drop in prices for a while. If you fancy importing a project,, there seems to be quite a few decent rust free jobbies around at the moment, might be the way to go maybe :mrgreen: Well nice to have you on the forum, keep us up to speed with progress in the hunt,, maybe put up a wanted ad on here and perhaps the latebay, after all it don`t cost nuffink :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, And a big welcome tooooo :mrgreen:

Hoffer said:
Hi everyone so after posting a wanted add on here a year ago family life and kitchens got in the way of me buying a camper much to my annoyance although the wife seems to like her kitchen.

Fast forward till today and I agreed to purchase a friends unfinished project off him with the intention of having it finished for show season 2014. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Bit about me I'm in Colchester Essex and own a 75 beach buggy with another collection of bits ready to build a Manx but the opportunity to buy the van has taken priority for a while now.

I look forward to meeting you all on what is bound to be a roller coaster journey

Cheers

Matt

Hi matt - welcome from a snowey Tiptree, not too far from you then 8) , get them pics up and that goes for all you new folks - we luv pics (as if you hadnt guessed already)
:mrgreen:

After joining when my steering box broke, getting one from one of your kind members, and rudely not introducing myself.
It's time to say Hi all, about a month on from the incident! looking forward to getting involved.

Latest posts