New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simo said:
Hoffer said:
Hi everyone so after posting a wanted add on here a year ago family life and kitchens got in the way of me buying a camper much to my annoyance although the wife seems to like her kitchen.

Fast forward till today and I agreed to purchase a friends unfinished project off him with the intention of having it finished for show season 2014. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Bit about me I'm in Colchester Essex and own a 75 beach buggy with another collection of bits ready to build a Manx but the opportunity to buy the van has taken priority for a while now.

I look forward to meeting you all on what is bound to be a roller coaster journey

Cheers

Matt

Hi matt - welcome from a snowey Tiptree, not too far from you then 8) , get them pics up and that goes for all you new folks - we luv pics (as if you hadnt guessed already)
:mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome. Yes you are only down the road looking forward to meeting some more members on here.
There is a few pics of my purchase already on here as I purchased my new van off buggysam on here. Primarily as I know sam very well and share a workshop with him so knew whats been replaced and what needs replacing. Have to make payement on van on Friday then she will be all mine. Just need to find a unit closer to home.

First step is to get the van to another friends workshop so he can tidy up a bit of the welding and add the remaining panels that are needed. She will then be bare metaled and prepped for paint.

to say i am excited would be an understatement.

RichardAlexander said:
Hello all the newbies pictures please, we love them photos

Any excuse! It's my first van and I love it! It needs help here and there, but we'll get there :)

Here's one from a trip to Wales late November.
hovis_zps20c1dbf9.jpg

Hello there. New to early bay. Spent the last 2 years searching for a split screen here in Mauritius and couldn't find any. Apparently it was more worth chopping them and selling them as scrap metal!!!
So last year I managed to grab hold of 1 early bay and 2 late bay. In really bad condition and for the past 4 month we have been working on all the panel work on the early bay. The van has been striped completely. Hopefully the panel work will be finished soon and it should get painted afterwards. Not really sure about the colour yet. I know i want it red but which red???!!! Maybe some of you can help me on this. I really like this red on the picture below. Can you please help me on the name or colour code?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7916766.-2207520000.1358937496&type=3&theater

Will post some pictures soon.

Hi there to you Mauritius dubbers. Try and get some pics up that would be great. I`m not the best person with the colours but it does remind me of that cianti red albeit a little faded, which is to be expected at forty plus years old :mrgreen: :mrgreen: So welcome to the Early Bay and enjoy your stay. There is a wealth of information on here and some really clued up peeps (not me though). It still amazes me how most dubbers gravitate to this site which is a rather cool thing when you consider how many vee dub sites there are. So big big welcome and don`t be a stranger ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh,,,,,,,, did anyone mention ,,,,,,,,,,, piccies,,,, YES Please !!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

hi folks,
i joined up ages ago but have just been lurking since so i thought id better say hello finally :oops:
Im Dave, from Haverhill in suffolk... i have a 72 rhd camper called squirt, because he squirted 6 litres of oil at my wifes car behind him on the way home 200+ miles many stops and clenched bumcheeks for about 9 hrs after buying him with a dud engine :lol: he still got me home though!
so as you can guess , me and the kids love him to bits and she hates him !
he is a bit rusty with a late front panel by the p.o :roll: and westy interior with devon roof?! running a 2.1 type 1 lump. one day i will have him looking better i hope..
anyway, il shut up now :lol:
Image038.jpg

Hi and welcome and all that stuff :mrgreen: Looks like the same Devon roof I got on mine, I think it`s 76 and after they used that roof shell It`s about the neatest looking pop top in my opinion which is why I went for that one. Good looking bus that all round :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, SEE !!! That`s the drill,,, you says hello and you pops up a piccy,,,,,,,,, simples :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

blennon said:
Hello there. New to early bay. Spent the last 2 years searching for a split screen here in Mauritius and couldn't find any. Apparently it was more worth chopping them and selling them as scrap metal!!!
So last year I managed to grab hold of 1 early bay and 2 late bay. In really bad condition and for the past 4 month we have been working on all the panel work on the early bay. The van has been striped completely. Hopefully the panel work will be finished soon and it should get painted afterwards. Not really sure about the colour yet. I know i want it red but which red???!!! Maybe some of you can help me on this. I really like this red on the picture below. Can you please help me on the name or colour code?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7916766.-2207520000.1358937496&type=3&theater

Will post some pictures soon.

Hi
My best mate is from Mauritius and his family still live on the island. I always find the Samba Coulor charts a good place to find inspiration for coulor choice:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi All, I a newbie old user, I still have my personal Account alex4057 but this is my now official work account. This should mean I can get a bit more access to the forum during working hours and therefore be a bit more use on these lovely pages.

Hi all, been lurking for a bit so thought it about time I should introduce myself, Im Sam from Crewkerne in Somerset. After my yearning for a vw camper for years, my husband finally saw the attraction in them and we bought 'Gee' a 1968 early bay, a year ago. After having just completed an interior resto this winter, we are looking forward to many more family camping trips in her, this time in comfort!!

IMG_0261_zpsc5bc5dbc.jpg

Thanks :D , Unsure about the name colour, as a previous owner had her resprayed, but according to her m plate, her original colour was Neptune Blue.

Hi there Winifred,, is that you ???? or your bus ???? Does you have a bus or just a big fan of the Early Bays ? You might guess the rules on here,, if you got one ,,, then,,, flaunt it :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Goes without saying really,,,,,,, any pics :mrgreen:

Hi guys - I have been lurking around for a while, but signed up this weekend.
Currently I don't own a van, but have always admired from afar. I'm currently looking for the right starter camper,preferably an early bay or a splittie.

I'm in Bury St Edmunds,so any Suffolk/Norfolk dubbers, please give me a shout!

Waiting on some replies to some enquiries, hopefully pics to be posted of my new buy soon!

Benny

Hi,

My son and I have a '68 bay - well it's supposed to be but it seems to have bits from other years in it as well.

We think it was originally a Devon but the interior has been replaced with a home built layout, complete with a sheet of thin plywood for a bed.

We have spent a bit of time over the last few years attacking the rust, mainly below the windscreen and then around the gutters.

When big holes appeared under the screen and it failed the MOT on excessive rust we decided that we had to bite the bullet and get it done professionally as neither of us can weld and really don't have much mechanical aptitude.

When it returns I'll post some pictures.

Cheers

Richard

p.s. I'm really glad I found this website - it's brilliant

hi all
im mike from manchester and have a 72 danbury crossover.
has been having work done for 12 month now but loads more to do and little problems to sort.
will get some pics up when i work out how.
have also booked the ferry to france after seeing the ninove thread so hope to meet some of you lot out there.

Hi Benny
Not too far from you, i'm near Nmkt.
Forget those Spilitty thoughts and stick to an Earlybay, once you get one you'll wonder how you ever survived without it :msn4: .
Look forward to seeing pics of your bus once bought !!
Good luck
Howie

Latest posts