New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...it seems there aren't so many Dormobiles around - I suppose they weren't (re)shipped) out of UK - so all the ones around are genuine UK survivors and many didn't make it through the 45 or so winters....(Mine has had serious welding in the past - you can see the gaps around the doors where the welder could has spent a little more time)

We wanted a Dormobile specially because we need the 2 big roof bunks for children - and they seem bigger than the Westie bunks. Also the skylights are great...

We're off for our first camping trip this weekend, and our longest trip so far (West Witterings - 40 miles each way!) which will be our first overnighter.

Hello me and my family are from West cornwall, have a '68 bay import and have been into dubs for over 20 years, our grown up children now even own retro dubs its an obsession!!
Take it easy
Will 8)

Hi there Will, more nutters to the fold ;) . Bound to bump into you and your gang somewhere down the line it would seem, especially if you go to any of the events. So welcome to you and the gang and although secretly I believe you that you have a nice import,,,,,,,,, we`ll never be one hundred per cent sure will we ? :shock: ;) :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Unless,,,,,,, there`s pik chures :lol: :roll: :lol:

ozziedog said:
Hi there Will, more nutters to the fold ;) . Bound to bump into you and your gang somewhere down the line it would seem, especially if you go to any of the events. So welcome to you and the gang and although secretly I believe you that you have a nice import,,,,,,,,, we`ll never be one hundred per cent sure will we ? :shock: ;) :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Unless,,,,,,, there`s pik chures :lol: :roll: :lol:

LOL just for ozziedog...its the only one I have on this tablet, here's the bus and beths pride and joy

Oh my bumpers are at the powder coaters :)

af1c79ef-2510-42b4-9c02-37e5c0606f79_zps3e67659f.jpg

OK !!
Now I believe you (I did anyhow), nice looking beasty is that. Might be a little bit clean and tidy for my liking (up to mine) but a smashing colour (same as mine) Might have to clean mine one day,,,, oh and some nice new paint maybe :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Get carried away now,,,,,,,, paint ? whatever next :lol: :roll: :lol:

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Baypride/media/image_zps9c788ddd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's us, on our first outing in our new bus (no name yet) to bus types this weekend.

Seems like a good time to thank the early bayers that helped get me going when I found my battery to be completely dead this morning. Cheers guys. Leasure battery has definitely been bumped up the 'want' list a couple of places now.

Bay pride said:
http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Baypride/media/image_zps9c788ddd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Here's us, on our first outing in our new bus (no name yet) to bus types this weekend.

Seems like a good time to thank the early bayers that helped get me going when I found my battery to be completely dead this morning. Cheers guys. Leasure battery has definitely been bumped up the 'want' list a couple of places now.

Nice bus there

RichardAlexander said:
Bay pride said:
http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Baypride/media/image_zps9c788ddd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Nice bus there

Cheers... I couldn't be happier with it.

Thing is, when I started looking a few years back, I never thought I'd go for a red westy.

It's funny how your tastes change as you go. :D

Oh, and the spare wheel is off now! Nice white badge instead.

HI FOLKS,
whey hey,i think i may be up and running on the site.Can anyone tell me how i put photos of my van onthe site as it is up for sale,unfortunately,i am easily baffled and a bit of a simpleton so keep it easy to understand.cheers. :)

ee by gum said:
HI FOLKS,
whey hey,i think i may be up and running on the site.Can anyone tell me how i put photos of my van onthe site as it is up for sale,unfortunately,i am easily baffled and a bit of a simpleton so keep it easy to understand.cheers. :)
Ayup! Are you a fellow Yorkshire[wo]man?
Sorry to hear that you're selling... unless it's a steal and you sell it to me that is :lol:

How to post pictures: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vehicles for sale rules and guidance: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps!

gvee said:
ee by gum said:
HI FOLKS,
Ayup! Are you a fellow Yorkshire[wo]man?
Sorry to hear that you're selling... unless it's a steal and you sell it to me that is :lol:

How to post pictures: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vehicles for sale rules and guidance: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps!
ayup r kid,aye it's a yorkie alreet,yea,the van is up for sale but i've only ever seen one more like mine and that was ages back.It's a devon sunlander,tip top condition and 12 months test.I think i may be gonna take it to santa pod this weekend,but i'm gonna have a go at putting some pictures up on here. :?

Bay pride said:
RichardAlexander said:
Bay pride said:

Nice bus there

Thing is, when I started looking a few years back, I never thought I'd go for a red westy.

Oh, and the spare wheel is off now! Nice white badge instead.

Thinking of putting it back on mine carrying it around in the back is a pain in the arse what happend to the bracket and cover :D

Nice bus there[/quote]

Oh, and the spare wheel is off now! Nice white badge instead.[/quote]

Thinking of putting it back on mine carrying it around in the back is a pain in the arse what happend to the bracket and cover :D[/quote]

Still got both but I'm leaving the cover on it in the back. I suppose the bracket is up for grabs tho.

Hi folks, i joined the forum quite a while ago but never really used any forum before so it got put on the back burner.
i'm just after some advice on what my bus is worth?
i know its hard to tell from pics but the prices have certainly risen since i bought mine about 9 years ago.
i don't want to rip anyone off and i don't want to give it away either.
its a pre aug 1970 wide 5 devon
ive done quite a bit of work on it over the years (mainly servicing and mot work)
a couple of years ago i had late splitty front beam fitted with dropped spindles
creative engineering rear spring plates
14" wide 5 csp front disc conversion
the chassis is solid but it does suffer from rust under the windscreen , front arches,etc
it was resprayed about 15 years ago so it is showing signs of use.
the interior is part devon part yes way conversion ive just put in new side panels ready for paint and new curtains.
i know its not mint but it is well usable and a good fun bus.
any adivce would be greatly received , thanks in advance
iphone4s021_zps3882a3bc.jpg

iphone4s020_zpsc3c2bb33.jpg

iphone4s018-1_zpsb5f3ab1b.jpg

iphone4s016-1_zps5cf3febb.jpg

Hi, new member to this forum, recently purchased a 71 Westfalia LHD low light crossover. Been sorting out the rear lights, as despite having an MOT they weren't working properly. Taking it on the Ipswich to Felixstowe vintage run at the weekend.
Adrian

Hi, joined the forum today. Had a T25 Atlantic for about 6 years but swapped it for a 1969 Bay. Lot smaller inside but a lot better looking!

Looking forward to future camping trips, will just be taking longer to get from A to B!

newhippy said:
Hi, new member to this forum, recently purchased a 71 Westfalia LHD low light crossover. Been sorting out the rear lights, as despite having an MOT they weren't working properly. Taking it on the Ipswich to Felixstowe vintage run at the weekend.
Adrian

Hi Adrian I'm fairly recent to the EB forum too. I missed the Ips/Felix. vintage run 'cos we were off to Stanford Hall but will have to keep an eye out for you if you are local to Ips. What colour is your Westy? (We are a bright candy green/white 72 tintop on Fuchs, can't mistake us! :mrgreen:

Hello everybody. I'm a newbie living in the USA, Southern California to be exact. Although I owned a couple of VW before this is my first time acquiring a 1970 Crew Cab. It doesn't have a name yet and it's a project. It's been hit on the front. It's not running yet but I will try to put it on the road as soon as possible. It will be my daily driver. I currently own a 66 Bug Convertible as well. :D

Here's a couple of photos:

Latest posts