New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D I'm new to the site and just wanted to say HI! We've got a 1971 delux (formerly) microbus (Sandy) who we imported from sunny California, via Holland, last year. Since then she's been severely lowered, and treated to a new 1776 engine, new wheels and new (more functional) camping interior. Just got back from T2D cruise to Ninove which was great, but got the distinct impression that bay windows are second class citizens (to splitties!)... :twisted: :twisted: it's nice to find a group dedicated to the glory of the early bay!!!

Some photos from Ninove - Beetles were very much the favourites with buses relegted to a carpark on the outskirts! :roll:

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

Hello and welcome to all of the newbs! 8) :D

hi there

my name is André and I´m from Portugal. I´m a proud owner of a '72 crossover bay (bought in 2003), a '67 split ambulance (bought in 2006-waiting for resto) and a ´74 bay (bought in 2007) for parts.

I also have a VW related blog: http://www.old-vw.blogspot.com

early bay greatings :wink:

hey steve, welcome to EB :D

just read your post, phew alot of questions. trying to wrtie a reply now :)

Have been visiting this site on and off for a while, was introduced by Faux, who happenes to be the reason I purchased my first VW after been dragged around the shows thinking these people have far to much money and are nuts ( well I was right with one of them :lol: ) and eventually myself and wife found ourselves enjoying ourselfs and after the type 2 in oswestry in 07 we were on the mission to purchase our first VW named Moose.

31may07015.jpg

now after a couple of months
Dolgellausep07009.jpg

now the reason I have said hello on here is as although Moose is a late 72 Iam in the process of purchasing a 71 westfalia as seen on here, thread name 71 Texan (I havent worked out had to add links yet posted by Faux) .

I live in mid wales, so if anyone from around this way would be good to meet up.

[/img]

Welcome to the forum,you've done a good job on Moose there.

This the texan 71? Looks like Faux done a good job on it.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=4307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=texan&start=0

Thanks vwaircooled,

It is a solid bus, and yes Faux has done a good job cause if he dosent he'll be in trouble (he's my brother 8) ). Seriously, cant wait for the the shows and lots of fun weekends.

Hi everyone just joined early bay been into bays for 18 years didn't realise these sites existing i'm on my sixth bay 2nd early,not to good on these modern contraptions though! By the way nice calender!! :oops:

Latest posts