New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, just picked up my 2nd bay after a 10 year gap (kids) have a beautiful 71 bay westie in cream. Love it to bits. Just wanted to say hi and hope to spend allot of time viewing and contributing to the forum. Many thanks
db7d2a813c70dc2a837de69f355d15d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Igloo said:
Hello all, im new to the forum

Im Phil, live in derby with my wife and little 2 year old girl. Bought an import riviera crossover a couple of years back from Britt Granis in Oregon after a few years trying to do a rolling resto on a uk right hand drive and not being able to use it decided to pass it on to someone else so could get the family camping as soon as possible and have a daily summer driver for myself

Its fairly original and stock, has had a little repair on the back arch in the US (wish it was just left as is) and possibly a different gearbox but other then that cant find anything else major. its sailed through the last 2 mots and has let me down yet, runs a little rich and im struggling to find the correct bolt for the top of one of the webber carbs. however was driving back from ashbourne the other day and the gear shifter started shaking quite a lot so have noticed it has lost the front gearbox mounting plate, made it home with no problems. I cant find one of these anywhere so any help locating one would be appreciated, ill post in the other section too but thought id introduce myself first.

Had some great help from the eircooled forum getting it over here and since then have just run it with a service and a few initial bits and bobs for the MOT.

WP_20150617_20_31_57_Pro_zps4e6ba475.jpg~320x480
20140706_185755_zps29ece146.jpg~320x480

10494658_10152221984593857_3615204672038899015_n_zps993d806c.jpg~320x480
458119_10150911791913857_1336357495_o_zpsyt1ee9ye.jpg~320x480
WP_20150711_09_53_46_Pro_zpspohmaewg.jpg~320x480

And this was the rhd uk, hopefully the couple from Leicester are enjoying it, it was a big resto job
319745_10150705596043857_18765866_n_zps79890c98.jpg~320x480

Hi Phil,
Looks like a good bus, Britt is a good bloke so I'm sure he has seen you right.

Igloo said:
Hello all, im new to the forum

Im Phil, live in derby with my wife and little 2 year old girl. Bought an import riviera crossover a couple of years back from Britt Granis in Oregon after a few years trying to do a rolling resto on a uk right hand drive and not being able to use it decided to pass it on to someone else so could get the family camping as soon as possible and have a daily summer driver for myself

Its fairly original and stock, has had a little repair on the back arch in the US (wish it was just left as is) and possibly a different gearbox but other then that cant find anything else major. its sailed through the last 2 mots and has let me down yet, runs a little rich and im struggling to find the correct bolt for the top of one of the webber carbs. however was driving back from ashbourne the other day and the gear shifter started shaking quite a lot so have noticed it has lost the front gearbox mounting plate, made it home with no problems. I cant find one of these anywhere so any help locating one would be appreciated, ill post in the other section too but thought id introduce myself first.

Had some great help from the eircooled forum getting it over here and since then have just run it with a service and a few initial bits and bobs for the MOT.

WP_20150617_20_31_57_Pro_zps4e6ba475.jpg~320x480
20140706_185755_zps29ece146.jpg~320x480

10494658_10152221984593857_3615204672038899015_n_zps993d806c.jpg~320x480
458119_10150911791913857_1336357495_o_zpsyt1ee9ye.jpg~320x480
WP_20150711_09_53_46_Pro_zpspohmaewg.jpg~320x480

And this was the rhd uk, hopefully the couple from Leicester are enjoying it, it was a big resto job
319745_10150705596043857_18765866_n_zps79890c98.jpg~320x480

Hi Phil,
Looks like a good bus, Britt is a good bloke so I'm sure he has seen you right.

Hi,

Just joined- thanks to Clem for the help with registration.

I have a 72 double cab, living in south-east suburbs of Melbourne.

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-29%20at%2010.24.10%20AM_zps033bbczi.png

Have a 65 notch in bits too. work in progress.

cheers
Gareth

Hey Gareth, nice looking crewie and almost Carlton colours too. I lived there years ago in Broady is where I grew up :shock: :shock: :shock: Probabally drove through your suburbs on my way down to the peninsula on a Saturday arvo in my EH Station wagon, boards n top, wouldnt mind that one back too

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mornington my favourite, but Bellarine great :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Hey Gareth, nice looking crewie and almost Carlton colours too. I lived there years ago in Broady is where I grew up :shock: :shock: :shock: Probabally drove through your suburbs on my way down to the peninsula on a Saturday arvo in my EH Station wagon, boards n top, wouldnt mind that one back too

Thanks Ozziedog. Lovely down this way today- 35 yeah, proper christmas day.

doublecabG said:
ozziedog said:

Thanks Ozziedog. Lovely down this way today- 35 yeah, proper christmas day.

Merry Christmas to you lot down under from us lot up here. it`s supposed to be cold here but it isn`t and it hasn`t been cold much lately. Forecast is for it to hit 15 today,, 16 would be some kind of Chrimble record. But its Christmas and I wouldn`t mind being where you are, maybe get the boards out.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, MerryJingleBells :mrgreen:

Hi all,
I'm from South Africa and have in the past year bought myself two projects. (1960 Beetle and a 1970 Westy)
The Westy being my favorite I have done quite a bit to get it back to close original.

Been lurking here for a month or two looking through the thread with pictures of the day. Really enjoyed it.
Now (2017) its time to start getting a bit more active and looking forward to reading replies.

happy new year.

Alan

Sorry cannot add a picture.
Get following error: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

ozziedog said:
So,,,,,,,,, Zinzan ????????????? Where does that come from ?? A great name and a cool sounding bus too. Get some piccys up as soon as you can :mrgreen: As the rest of the gang will tell you,,,,,,,,,,,,,We loves, no ,,,LUUUUrrrves them piccys. A big old welcome as well :mrgreen: Seems like you timed it right for the summer too 8) Not gonna be about for a while, working away then another week away with no break but should be back in time for Plymfest [emoji14]

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Might be nicer with no one rattling on about piccys all the time [emoji38] ;) [emoji38]
Lol...this must be the slowest reply ever from me! 5 years... can that be true? Sorry, I lost my links or something. Then I got distracted by a small rebuild :) Will get some pics uploaded and chat more. [emoji15]

Zinzan said:
ozziedog said:
So,,,,,,,,, Zinzan ????????????? Where does that come from ?? A great name and a cool sounding bus too. Get some piccys up as soon as you can :mrgreen: As the rest of the gang will tell you,,,,,,,,,,,,,We loves, no ,,,LUUUUrrrves them piccys. A big old welcome as well :mrgreen: Seems like you timed it right for the summer too 8) Not gonna be about for a while, working away then another week away with no break but should be back in time for Plymfest [emoji14]

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Might be nicer with no one rattling on about piccys all the time [emoji38] ;) [emoji38]
Lol...this must be the slowest reply ever from me! 5 years... can that be true? Sorry, I lost my links or something. Then I got distracted by a small rebuild :) Will get some pics uploaded and chat more. [emoji15]

It's worse than that, I've been waiting all this time for those pictures :lol:
C'mon then ,,, where's them Piccies??

Hey Alan, you'll need to get your Piccies on to a host, something like photo bucket it's also fairly easy and better still it's free. We'd love to see pics of both of your projects so do your bestest and a big big welcome to you to.
And to the malteser, that was my mate Johns punch line so I guessed where you was straight away. A big welcome to you as well so thanks for the pics and keep them coming.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, here comes summer.

Ok. If you have the Tapatalk app you can upload direct from it now !!! It's great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will get them on this week. Can only find the ones with the temporary festival paints (peace, love, rainbows, etc). It's washable though :)

Have lots of emails of the recent renovations (complete interior strip out and renovation).

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I've been the proud owner of a 68 tintop since late summer and thought it time to come out publicly - in the short time I have had the bus I have already experienced the great community that exists around these wonderful vehicles. Unfortunately for me, my bus had been the victim of some sub-standard work (at great expense to the previous owner) on the engine and fuel system, that resulted in more than 10 litres of fuel having to be drained out of the engine. however more on that later, the point of this all is to give a huge public thanks to Chez at Rapid Rodent Racing who has done the most fantastic job at sorting all the issues and fettling the engine. He truly is a magician - so anyone in within striking distance of Santa Pod should look him up in Souldrop - an absolute Alladins cave of parts and experience at exceptionally reasonable rates.

Hopefully many posts to follow with pictures....

Bob

Hi there, you got it spot on with the peeps that have these, a first class bunch for sure. I don`t think that you are the first to recommend these people as I`m sure I`ve heard good things before. So welcome along to the early bay, we do like good news first :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now where oh where are those photos ???????????? :mrgreen:

Hi...Just bought a 1969 early bay 32 years after I gave away mine to a friend with hundreds of kids to transport around. Picking it up at end of month. can anyone give me some advice re Insurance companies...any suggestions would be helpful please.

hayes said:
Hi...Just bought a 1969 early bay 32 years after I gave away mine to a friend with hundreds of kids to transport around. Picking it up at end of month. can anyone give me some advice re Insurance companies...any suggestions would be helpful please.

I believe I spoke to you earlier! Hope all goes well with the collection of the vehicle - it's never too late to get back into the VW scene! Hope to see you at some of the shows later in the year.

All the best
Christian

Thanks Christian, and thanks for all the help with insurance.... you guys know your stuff and are very professional. I'll upload a picture soon

Hello all. New here but not new to Kombis, I've had my 1969 camper since I was 18 and I'll be 48 in June. It's been off the road for over 20 years but I'm about to commence restoration. Latest pic, taken today.

32876235032_1b2116bcff_o.jpg

Latest posts