New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello, i should have posted here first. looking at buying an early bay .... probably be asking silly questions until i do!

Hello all been a member for a week or two now and only just found this post :oops: Had a few aircoolds over the last few years and got my 1970 about 4-5 weeks ago.Found this forum by mistake(and happy i did) i know a few bits n bobs about classic vdubs and will help people ware i can.And do my bit to keep todays Classic VW scene alive.Will post some pix when i figure out how to use this darn puter.Cheers Rich :mrgreen:

welcome to all new dooods. 8)

Ask as many questions you like as there is a great source of knowledge on here about earlybays. :mrgreen: ..............oh and cider! :wink:

Hi This is my Early Bay in the New Forest last weekend.....Yes I was having a BBQ at the time!![
HollandsWoodAugust2009017.jpg

Hello all
2hmee51.jpg

Bought this little beaut from Gary at Coolcampers in Bournemouth last week...I am brand spanking new to all that is VW/Camper related although I am rapidly making up for lost time...tons of mags,forums,etc.
All this lady needs is a little tlc...oh and some polish and a little bit of paint...and a new carb(twin or single..the debate rages),new accelarator pedal and linkage....you see I already realise that these darlings are wonderful moneypit follies but I am hooked...
23mnggw.jpg

Thought you might like to see her from behind too
Cheers
Kev

Hi there discok3.........good to see another Devon crosser 8)
do I spy the tell-tale sign of a type4 in the engine bay

Type 4 it is...so will have the dilemma next year of whether to replace the twin carb for another twin or a single for the cost,ease and adjustable choke setting (if my VW helpers have told me right?!).
Whereabouts in S London are you...I'm from Sutton originally?

Hello, I'm a newbie too *waves*! My OH and I have owned our 1968 Bay for nearly 3 years now. 'Sydney' was imported from Australia (hence the name!), and has been living a pampered life since arriving in the UK. Buying a Bay was one of the best things we ever did! :D

yorkshire2006051nv8.jpg

Please check out my VW Artwork :wink:

clare, thats a tidy bus, i would love to see more detailed pics in the gallery 8) , i assume is was restored as it has a latebay front panel on it?

Hi everyone, i did register ages ago but for one reason and another i havent been on since last year...have since found a new love and life for my van (and had forgot what i registered under) so am now saying hello again and hope to meet you all soon :mrgreen:

hello i'm marc, i've just bought a '72 crossover i haven't picked it up yet but i'm so excited about the whole thing. like big T (hello fella) i'm big on my minis but have always wanted a bay. hope to have loads of fun and i'll try not to wind anyone up with all my question :wink: but i know i have lots to learn.

Hello and welcome 8) dont forget to ask any questions and get them pics of your bay up! 8)

Sorry been on this forum for a while on and off and never said hello.

Hello all :D

I've had a 1970 westy So69/1 for the last 2 years, was in general good nick when I imported it, apart from being stood in a garage for 10 years unused so brakes etc we shot. The first engine when pear shaped in south wales bent a valve guide, limped home on 3 cylinders, not much fun being overtake going uphill by pissed off lorries drivers. Needless to say engine completely kaput.

Grew up with Vdubs first family car I remember was an early variant, the fast backs, the when my sister was born buses, (only vehicle big enough for my parents and 4 kids plus dog).

Good to see how active this forum is.

Can anyone tell me how to get the signature thing to work pics etc

noddy said:
Can anyone tell me how to get the signature thing to work pics etc

you need to change them via your user CP link is in the top right of each page. avatars max size is 80x80 pixels and 6k, sigs are max size 700x200

Hello all,

I've been lurking around on this forum for a few months now, so thought it's high time i joined up and said hello.

I'm the proud owner of a 1968 Devon, which i've owned for 3 years now. This is my first bus and my family and i have had some great times away since our purchase.

Our bus is no show winner by any means, just a family bus that takes up all my time and money, but gradually looking the better for it.

I'll try to suss this photo posting out in due course.

This year we've been to the Bus and Camper show at Santa Pod, The Bus Stopover, Bug Jam, plus many family weeknds away to the coast etc.

We recently spent 2 rainy weeks in Cornwall travelling around. 1500 miles in 2 weeks and she didn't miss a beat.

Anyway that's all for now.

Micko.

Latest posts