new to here kind of

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vac 72 bay

Reaction score
hello to everyone.i will have a chicken korma,and an orange maid remember the ones you can not get any more.i have got a 72 bay with the big arse lights but nice.it is white over blue.lowered as much as i can with an adjustable front beam and dropped the back to suit,also running 17"wheels.currently of the road and going for a new front end and bits and bobs this winter.possible engine upgrade to 1776cc depending on body work and paint and how much money i can hide from her indoors.any recomondations on engine builders well helpful. have been speaking to 2 different people and getting an idea of what to do.have many dreams to do to the van but am going to keep as orginal as possible.hello to anyone who has been up in the highlands with there vans i am the nutter that flashes and waves and you wander who the fxxk was that......................cheers to you all :roll: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like it - straight into the fun!

So before we know about any vans in the future it's 'what curry and what ice cream are you having'!! Top boy - now we need pics of the van.

Welcome!

hello fellow celt! there are a few aircooled guys on here might be able to help you north of the border....

http://www.vwscotclub.co.uk/Home.aspx

Dave Campbell is involved in organisation of thier club (i think) hes a good guy and trust worthy ive bought stuff off him before and we have some folk in our club go to their main meet at Biggar.

biggar2007043.jpg

Daves EB, a factory beer van converted to make nice coffee

Welcome to EB vac man. Whereabouts in the Highlands are you? As for rebuilds in Scotland you can't do much worse than Laurie Pettitt but being in Eyemouth he's not exactly up your way. Then you could always try John Maher in Leverburgh. Myself, I've used Greg Joyce at Bus Stop Ecosse (Stonehouse, Lanarkshire) for a lot of mechnical work but not yet for a rebuild, although I'm hatching plans for an upgrade to a 1641 in the coming winter months. Good luck with the project.

hello mate and welcome :D , we need more from the Scottish hills on here to get the country totally crawling with earlybayers! 8)

hi Simon good to see you are on THE website for EB's !
You are not far from me, I am 23 miles further north - Are we the furthest north UK EB's I wonder ? Are there any out there further north than Inverness ? Certainly dont see many on the roads up here. Good luck with your van - how about some pics, even if it is off the road. :wink:
JohnR

hello cheers for the reply no john there are more of us i have a mate with a eb as well but i will let him introduce himself.(fit like steve)and by the replys there are a few more scattered about the hills.

Latest posts