New to me 1969 hightop fresh from SoCal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hansolo99

Reaction score
Finally found one, pretty straight and I do have the interior that is weathered but great for a pattern. I will snap some more pics now that it is in my driveway.

To be honest, not sure. It appears it was a panel prior to the hightop being installed. I am hoping after I post more pics I will get some answers.

Here are some more pics. I will take some more of the inside once my son moves his 1970 Datsun 510.

I wouldn’t bet my life on it but it certainly looks like an Adventure Wagon top. I’m wondering if they did what so many other conversion companies did and just convert any van that they could lay their hands on. One of the Brit companies ‘’’Devon’’’ converted vans with windows and cut windows in to panel vans as well. There were all sorts of tax implications with differing van types too. They had a fab reputation to be able to convert anything into anything just using a tin opener and a rather large hammer. Mr Heath and Mr Robinson spring to mind. Those windows seemed a lot more popular on your side of the pond as cut out and bolt on units, they have a very commercial / military utilitarian look going on plus they look quite rugged. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,great pictures. :mrgreen:

Latest posts