New transport

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweat69

Reaction score
Ok I'm getting rid of the zafire and I'm getting a T5
I already have a 69 bay and 2 bugs.
Which one is the best one to get?

Sorry not clear was I.
T5 what's the best model,engine gearbox and spec.
Sorry boys will hang me if I get rid of the 69.;-);-)

Maybe try posting some q's on here

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or perhaps ask down your local plumbers/builders merchants for their opinion?

:lol:

I think he may be on about spec / engine etc. The nephew has one that is a bit like the starship enterprise inside and luxurious ain`t the word but I`m a bit useless when they was rattling on about the engine as it weren`t air cooled ,,, I didn`t really listen,, sort of pretended and nodded every now and then. The brother in law has one as well and I`m afraid the same thing happened there :roll: His bus is in the T4 T5 magazine this month and it`s a blue one with BIG PAPA as a number plate and that`s all I know about them ,,,,,,,,, apart from evryone in that `Scene ' says to get the long wheel based one as it`s about 18" longer which makes all the difference apparently :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It`s not all about size,,,,,,,,,, is it :lol: ;) :lol:

I'm also looking at getting a t5 as my work vehicle. I'm swaying towards the sportline kombi. 5 seats like a car but only company van tax :D

I've got a 2.5 lwb 130 T30

It's been remapped to about 170 and got loads of torque as well

would definitely choose the 2.5 over the 1.9

Mines got 106k on it now bought it nearly new, only ever been regularly serviced :) , theres 3 different codes for the 2.5, AXE, AXD and BNZ Mines a BNZ

Dont know how the new 2.0ltr ones are like but would only buy the 140 or above because of the 6 speed box

Had a 2.5 t5 130 bhp, went like poo of a shovel, handled well, reliable it was not!!!! starting issues hot and cold, dual mass flywheel, knocking gearbox / driveshaft splines!! this had a full vw history , 2 owners , and 120k. it was an early one about 2005 but then I know of people with 2011 vans (T5) that are having reliability issues!!!
Would not touch one with a barge pole!!!

I've got 1.9td t28 . never missed a beat from new (58reg) . the bigger engine ones seem to be more problematic from what I've read. think vw have ironed out the creases nowadays but I wouldn't fancy an older one.

my 1.9 drives like a car and it's shifty enough.

The 2.0 engines were introduced. The standard 2.5 L V6 engine was carried over, while a 3.0 L version was developed for the ST220 and higher trim models
They are just so much better than the other one.. the other one... the one with the .. one turbo ...but you dont want the turbo because you wont get the MPG with that one :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :lol: :lol:

monkeyvanwestybike said:
The 2.0 engines were introduced. The standard 2.5 L V6 engine was carried over, while a 3.0 L version was developed for the ST220 and higher trim models
They are just so much better than the other one.. the other one... the one with the .. one turbo ...but you dont want the turbo because you wont get the MPG with that one :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :lol: :lol:

Are you talking about the vw transport t 5 i thought the 2.5l was a straight 5?

Latest posts