New Year's Eve camping...would it be madness!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzienoodles

Reaction score
Thought we might take the bus somewhere near the coast on New Year's Eve with the kids and the dog! Would we be mad doing that! Tried to find somewhere like Camber Sands but drew a blank! Any suggestions 8)

we went to the brecon beacons two years back with some mates on the 28th dec , Found an unlocked car park site and drove up about 8 in the night . Got a good fire going in our brassier and opened a bottle of Champayne and some Vodka ............................ and i cant remember the rest. minus 10 on the thermometer the next morning ,quite fresh :D just take a good set of thermals a puffa type jacket and quilted trousers. Also dont forget the thermal window covers dual purpose as you can sit or lie on them before fitting them in the bus.

we're trying to plan one this year so if anyone else is up for it !!! drop us a line

ok so sounds like we could do this - maybe need to find a few other hardy soles to come along for the ride ha ha! just need to find somewhere now...not sure maybe we could just rock up somewhere along the coast and take a chance!

Thanks for that link - haven't come across this site before - probably give it a go then - still nervous about a New Year's eve in the cold but hey ho!

Sounds good! - I've camped in a tent over new years before, all good apart from the heat from my petrol lantern melting the snow, it dripping into the zip and icing up in the morning :oops: - if I was doing it with my kids I'd find a site with hookup and pack the electric heater :)

Latest posts