Newbie ( Ugly Duckling )

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B post inner panel fitting, more floor taken up and new floor made! Then run out of welding gas so no more till next weekend now :(

Ok so last weekend I had a bad one, 3 steps back kinda weekend, nothing seemed to go right!! Today was a whole lot better, well impressed with the work especially the way I managed to get the outer B pillar and inner B pillar to mate together. Note how well the fit is between sill an outer pillar ;) hope all fits as well as it's been so far!!

Rear flooring is nearly all complete now too, just couple patches to weld in and between rear arches to sort an we're done on the floor :D

Had to make my own panels up for where the floor meets the far right side (floor to side panel part) looks ok if I do say so myself ;)

Tomorrow's job 8)

Sweet!!

So today was finishing off the floor. All done now, time to move onto outer panels! Everything chassis wise and flooring is all sorted :D

Rear arch sections next, closing panels and forward panels then battery trays an rear corners!
Least I know it's gonna be solid lil bus :lol:

I have big respect for u guys who are happy to deal with big welding jobs .
Your doing a great job chap , keep up the good work !

I'm not the best welder out there but seem to be getting better the more I do! An the more I do the more I love the duckling :lol: I feel like it's gone so quick already, I mean I'm side panel ready now, an I thought that would be a long way off with the state the underside was in! Thinking side panels should be fairly straight forward but think the roof gutters are gonna catch me out! Can't wait for the bus to be metal solid so I can get on with the subtle mods I have planned ;)
Cheers all

Ok so slow progress today, but still progress is progress!!

Had to make small piece up to take the seal on side door, but glad I did!

Sill fully welded on now

The gap here is terrible! Anyone else had problems like this with the arches??

Awesome work.
Guess it's called the ugly duckling for a reason. Gonna be a swan soon.
Love it when someone saves another EB :msn4:

Looking at these photos I think it may need doing again not sure I'm happy with it all :( think it looks better in the flesh really :?

More work on the duckling today 8)

Nice amount of filler used by PO :lol:

Least the metal behind the panel is good.

Cut the rear corner off an took the tray out to find PO had just slapped another other the top of the original rusted out one :?

Nice amount of metal added to inner side of panel

Was overjoyed when I found the rear join line that the PO had fillered over, thought he had welded em all :cry: so glad he hasn't!

O/s join line to find hopefully next ;)

Inner rear arch front panel in too 8)

And new rear arch section

Finally just coated the new metal on cargo floor for a bit of protection.

One side nearly there 8)

Over 2 stressful weekends of trial fitting, moving it around getting it to fit better it's finally welded into place :?

Trial fitted the front bumper too, just to make sure nothings moved out of place lol!

Well that's it till after Bugjam now 8) can't wait!

Where did you get your chasis parts from please my panel van is in the same condition as yours was but im having trouble finding replacement chasis parts.

Alan schofields, all my metal panels have come from them mate! Top quality parts too ;)

Bit more grinding to do an to seam weld but getting there!

I lost interest in this build for about 3 months, plus we had a lil baby in August so everything has been put on hold!
Back on it now hopefully all metalwork to be done by Xmas! Would be nice lol

Latest posts