Newbie ( Ugly Duckling )

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the pain with a RHD - unless you are unbelievably lucky a lot of the metalwork will need replacing. Same as ours did :? . Keep going - you're doing a great job. Once all the metal work is replaced you've turned the BIG corner. Sad as this may seem to outsiders but it's a buzz when you get in in etching primer. Then Primer (That's where we are at ;) ) Another RHD - great stuff.

Cheers guys, it can be stressful st times doing the resto yourself but at same time so satisfying lol! It's depressing seeing em all on the road at the events through the year esp as mine isn't yet :( but I'm hoping next year it will be lol.

Jesus have it really not worked on her since October?? Time flys :cry: the missus had our lil one in August so I've been a tad busy elsewhere, but here's some updates! Not much coz the welder has given up!

fits nice 8) Altho will shorten it a bit at some point!

Getting there ;)
Would of had most of drivers side done this weekend if the bloody welder didn't pack up :(

All welded on now!

Side panels on drivers side done 8)

Small infill piece needed for the b-post area, so made one to fill the gap!

Drivers wheel arch fitted! These are a bugger to fit an possibly the worst panels I have ever seen/fitted! Dreadful examples!!!

Done for today!
More tomorrow hopefully?? Lol.
I'm liking the fact I'm getting less an less panels hanging around, can only mean one thing!? I need to buy more?! :lol:

Bloody hell thats a lot of welding!! Nice to see a bus saved.

I like the custm bumper, are you going custom on all of the bus?

Not custom on all of it, just some subtle touches, wanna keed it looking close to how it was made as possible :D

Complete cab floor again including wheel tubs!! Just hope I don't get the slamming bug an end up tubbing them :roll:

All done for this weekend. Time to attack the front now, before moving on to the gutters!

Gonna be attempting the face of the duckling at the weekend obvs it's the most visual part so any advice welcome?? Replacing whole front panel :shock:

Peeled the face off this weekend ready for the facelift! Really enjoyed getting back to her. Since having a lil one I've not had the time to do as much as I'd hoped, but back on track now!

Latest posts