Ninove March 12th 2017

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

has-dude

Reaction score
Hi :D :D

So Im intrigued by Ninove – and I really want to go next year!

I’ve never been before and I stumbled across some photo’s on Facebook and I have to say Im hooked. I had a hunt around online and can’t find any decent info. So how does it all work? From what I can work out the show takes over the whole town centre, Do you park up in the street and sleep in your bus? Is that an option? Is there a campsite locally? Is it just a one day show, once you have parked up can you move your bus (to leave) or do you wait until the end of the show. When does the show start and finish?

It sounds like there is a really good vibe there, plus me likes the Belgian beer, and chips, and chocolate – but mainly the beer .

Did any EB’ers convoy over together?

Sorry for the questions, I’m not a newbie – more of a newbie to the show scene, had my bus 14 years and probably been to about 6 shows in that time!

At least spring/summer is in the air today!

:D :)

Hass. :lol:

The format in recent years has been to arrive Calais side of tunnel for 8am (French time) on saturday to meet up for the convoy. There were halts on the motorway one longer than the other and we arrived at Ninove about 2pm. The convoy finds it way to the Slagmuylder Witkap brewery on the edge of town. The brewery people make us very welcome, there are beers to drink and takeaway and some nice glasses with a roundel on to commemorate the event.

There's a meal organised for the Saturday night which you need to book for, good value and tasty. After this is a party in a club/bar with DJs from the English VW scene playing all sorts of music, last year we arrived to skinhead oi! and left to jazz funk, this year we went to bed early.

People do sleep in their vans on the street but there are no proper facilities. We stayed at The Ibis at Aalst, there were quite a few staying there, there's a nice bar.

After all that its an early start to drive back into Ninove centre for 8am to be in the first 300 for a better goody bag. People were arriving all morning and it ended up with an overspill area, I estimate 900 aircooled from all over northern europe. Theres plenty of cafes and food outlets. I left there about 1pm on the sunday this year and got indoors in Essex about 7

I went with 3 mates this year. Bear in mind it can be really cold and the witkap beer has a nasty habit of running up behind you with a hood of drunkenness and chucking it over your head. tescos vouchers on the tunnel train, i reckon it could be easy to catch the convoy up, during one of the halts if you know which services they're in, if you had to get a later train.

Its a great weekend.

hope this helps

has-dude said:
1. So how does it all work?

2. From what I can work out the show takes over the whole town centre,

3. Do you park up in the street and sleep in your bus? Is that an option?

4. Is there a campsite locally?

5. Is it just a one day show,

6. Once you have parked up can you move your bus (to leave) or do you wait until the end of the show.

7. When does the show start and finish?

8. Did any EB’ers convoy over together?

1. The post above sums it up quite well ^^ :)

2. Yes, the show is cars parked up everywhere in Ninove town centre, the town is restricted access for the day, essentially, to aircooled VW's and Porsches.

3. You can park up and sleep in your bus, plenty do.

4. There are campsites near the town, or hotels, b and b's etc.

5. The show is one day, but the 'event' starts Saturday afternoon really, from the brewery meet onwards.

6. There are no restrictions on what time you have to stay until. EDIT - No vehicle movement until 1600 hrs Sunday.

7. The show opened at 8am this year and the prize giving is at 4pm.

8. Yes, one group and had all travelled together, and plenty more joined the cruise from Calais.

Its a great weekend. :D

Thanks Chaps!

Looks like i will be putting a date in the diary for this one for next year :D :D :D :D

Friend of mine spoke to Freddie at spa and he said he is still sorting details out with the local council as to restrictions due to issues from this years show, He said prob have more info end of sept/oct so it's a patient waiting game, think we will have to be quick as he indicated that it would be reduced numbers this year and tickets would be available online but that's not confirmed.

Will keep my eyes open but if anyone sees info could they post it up on the forum to enable us to get in quick

Cheers

Si

Its one of my favourite shows, season opener and aircooled only and within a couple of hours of the channel ports, what more can you ask.

As above there are likely to be changes at next years event after an 'incident' this year which is likely to mean if you want to leave early you may have to park outside the main town centre as its unlikely they will allow any vehicle movements between 12 & 5 having chatted to Freddie about it.

Not a problem for most people as its become a ritual to stay over on the Sunday night and head back Monday morning, once again Roland at Rolands Bus Farm will be opening his doors up on the Sunday night for those that want to stay over and its free with a contribution to food and drink. His unit is approx 30 minutes from Ninove and on the way back to the ports, win win :D

Date confirmed as the weekend of Sunday March 12th 2017.

'Theme' is the VW Squareback, otherwise all aircooled VW's welcome.

There will be no vehicle movement prior to 1600hrs on Sunday PM. Book return travel allowing for this, or park 'outside' the event.

More details on the FB page.

Graham L said:
Its one of my favourite shows, season opener and aircooled only and within a couple of hours of the channel ports, what more can you ask.

As above there are likely to be changes at next years event after an 'incident' this year which is likely to mean if you want to leave early you may have to park outside the main town centre as its unlikely they will allow any vehicle movements between 12 & 5 having chatted to Freddie about it.

Not a problem for most people as its become a ritual to stay over on the Sunday night and head back Monday morning, once again Roland at Rolands Bus Farm will be opening his doors up on the Sunday night for those that want to stay over and its free with a contribution to food and drink. His unit is approx 30 minutes from Ninove and on the way back to the ports, win win :D

Graham is the invitation open to non early bay drivers to stay at Roland's?

The official fancy dress party, with music from KWEENONY partybus crew will be in HOTEL DE CROONE. IT IS THEMED ROLLAND GARROS. stretch up your skinny legs, because you are gonna play the match of your life ! Game set match for this EPIC party. ps. bring your own balls

marcher said:
The official fancy dress party, with music from KWEENONY partybus crew will be in HOTEL DE CROONE. IT IS THEMED ROLLAND GARROS. stretch up your skinny legs, because you are gonna play the match of your life ! Game set match for this EPIC party. ps. bring your own balls

So not in that poxy bar this year? Thats good news! :D

Clem said:
marcher said:

Didn't you enjoy the Gonzo Bar then Clem? :lol:
We had a good time there.

We had a good enough laugh in there, but it was cramped, getting a drink was a bit of a pain and there was no crazy old lady!

sparkywig said:
Clem said:
marcher said:

Didn't you enjoy the Gonzo Bar then Clem? :lol:
We had a good time there.

Did we go to the Gonzo bar :oops: :oops: :p :p

Clem said:
We had a good enough laugh in there, but it was cramped, getting a drink was a bit of a pain and there was no crazy old lady!

Clem she was there, my sister took a selfie with the old gal in the back ground!!

Latest posts