No cab light??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currylager

Reaction score
Took the bus for the first club meeting on tuesday and after heading for home i noticed my 68 bus has no cab light, there is no hole in the headlining for one either, so is this the same for all vans of this era?. I think i'll have to give some thought of fitting one at some point, or look like a carthief fumbling in the front with a torch!!! every time i leave the pub :)

Not really sure if the 68 had them or not to be honest, however if you do decide to fit one the wiring will be a pain :roll:

I have one in the front and back, the rear doesn't work and as such neither does the Labcraft light that is fitted (takes power from the cab light). I have tried running new wiring as i can't seem to trace the fault and have had no luck.

Currently trying to think of a new plan :wink:

Good luck with it :D

My 69 Torvette had them front & rear. I would have thought it would have had one, I can't see VW making a car without one...

Thanks for the interest, there is definatly no light, i'll have to sort something out at some point, should be fun running the wiring up/down the pillars and it might be a good idea to fit the light on the dash rather than damaging the roof lining :wink:

Latest posts