no cluster lights ,help 1971,,1600cc

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchi

Reaction score
after a lot of trouble starter motor sold one 20 mm to short on shaft oil seals then no dash lights ,no ignition oil or cluster but got indicators any help please,very much appreciated ,bought starter brand new off e bay for a 71 1600 as it was listed just trying to send back now if trouble i will list buyer to save every one the trouble i have had,

Would really like to help as I'm sure many others here would, but I can't translate what you wrote into English.
If you *are* actually French and it's not a nickname, please write in en Francais, and I'm sure we can understand somehow.

sorry dislexia takes over 1971 t2 1600 i cant get any lights to come up on dash cluster all fuses ok ,have got hazard lights up indicators as well ,nothing else ,many thanks

Sorry about that.
There’s a couple of connectors on the back of the cluster that send power the cluster lighting. It’s a bit weird how it’s wired though, if I remember correctly the metal chassis of the cluster is positive and there are a bunch of grounds (brown?) together. You want to check none of those connectors have come off first. Second you want to check the headlight dim switch, it’s easily burned or worn out. The positive feed for the cluster lights comes off this headlight switch. If the switch is faulty you can either replace it, or bypass the potentiometer part of the switch.
I hope this helps.

thanks for every ones help all sorted ,at the mo ,it was light switch

Latest posts