No Pressure then - trip successfully completed!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
So, we are due on a ferry from Dover at 2pm on Friday. Heading down to Reims for a mini 'Revival' at the old circuit. Last minute trip, as we both have the following week off for a bit of a tour.
Decided to take the van, rather than the 7, as we can camp and save.

Doing a little bit of work on the van.
Current state:

P1040319.jpg

P1040322.jpg

P1040325.jpg

P1040324.jpg

:lol: :shock:

I've been changing the window rubbers, and painting the van at the same time (using Rustoleum)
I'll do a proper thread with pics later.

Got to finish sliding door - add glass
Add glass to tailgate.
Going to paint front doors to match, even though I'll then do them again properly when we get back, with new rubbers/scrapers etc.
Paint and fit bumpers.
Fit lights, number plate etc.
Clear out interior.
Pack.

Out all day tomorrow flying down to Newquay for a presentation - so got tomorrow evening and some of Thursday to get it all done....fingers crossed!

Made it!
Few jobs to finish (drivers door, front door seals, front grill, bumpers) but burning midnight oil on Wednesday and Thursday saw us leave Surrey Friday 11am and able to 'blast' down the motorway to be in Reim today for the event. 300 miles so far - Van didn't miss a beat.
Dover
P1040348.jpg

P1040346.jpg

En route!
P1040360.jpg

P1040359.jpg

Outside the circuit at Reims
P1040363.jpg

P1040739a.jpg

Will take/post more arty pictures when I can.

Another day of classic race cars tomorrow, then nothing 'booked' until ferry next Thursday, so we'll go where ever the van takes us - as it should be!!
cheers

8) - got back last night.

920 miles completed, van didn't miss a beat.

In fact only issue was when I decided to try and get the sliding door to fit a bit better whilst we were on a campsite - that was fun :evil:

Great to be using the van again, over the channel. Will post pics and trip report later.

That is brilliant news that the van didn't give you an issue.

Looking forward to the pictures. ;)

Latest posts