(non EB related) isle of man

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lard

Reaction score
Hi,

So I thought I'd ask your opinion - not strictly EB related but I would be taking my van... a job has come up on the isle of man - anyone here from there or been there on hols in the van and can let me know what life is like? I'll take the van but at 30 miles long and 10 wide is it big enough or will I go stir crazy living on an island? Been told the coast is a bit like cornwall and weather like wales which is fine by me (into walking/sailing) - I'm up for a slower pace of life for me, the bus and the family but appreciate any and all feedback!

TT races. Manx GP. Enough said :cool:

I've been a couple of times for each of above, I'd compare the IOM to new Zealand or Britain in the 50's.

Its lovely and I would gladly live there.

Sent from my VS TOUCHTAB 10.1DC using Tapatalk 2

Been there twice for the TT and loved it. One occassion was there for 2 days after the end of the TT, what a contrast and loved it even more

Never been but always fancied visiting and from what I've seen of it I imagine I'd like to live there as well. Go for it, you don't have to stay for every and it should be an interesting few years if nothing else :D

cheers guys :) - I'm going to go out for a 2nd interview hopefully and certainly seems to be a different pace of life, luckily my wife is happy to live wherever and kids are young enough to make friends easily (I moved around every 2 years when younger as dad was in the army) - will see what comes of it!

My dad moved there a few years back, with lil sister (18) and step mum, they love it, he is a walking type, my step mum is big into volunteering at the church and fund raising etc, my lil sister has learnt to sea canoe and generally be tom boy. They all love it. I visited for a very chilled 4 days last october and had a laid back lovely time. Manx time is like spanish manyanna it'll happen when it happens with no rushing possible. Sounds Ideal to me but can be frustrating. You are very dependant on the ferries and weather a bad thre day period and the supermarkets start running dry so be prepared.

Latest posts