Non starter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammac

Reaction score
After months of messing about went to finally start my bus yestaday. I've rebuilt the top end and gone 1641 with twin weber 34s & elec fuel pump.

The engine turns over and the pump runs up a measured 3psi. I've removed the spark if leads and have confirmed a spark. But the van won't fire up. In fact it's not even trying it just turns over.

Any ideas of where to start there's so many variables here I'm insure as to what is most likely my issue? I'm thinking of checkng compression and making sure the plugs are actually sparking this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pour a cap full of petrol down the carb Venturi and try cranking. If it fires then it is a fuel issue. 3psi from a mechanical pump sounds very low to me, should be a lot more. May be a worn push rod in the pump.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Cheers johnboy I've ruled out the fuel issue couldn't turn it over until mrs got home turns out ht lead 3& 4 were round the wrong way duh!

Fires up and but won't idle I'm putting that down to carb tuning and linkage set up watch this space

Ta

Watch the psi on the carbs. Weber ICT 34s run around 2.5psi fuel pressure. Any more and they start leaking/have trouble tuning. If you have not got a way of setting this, then a fuel regulator is a must. Also make sure that the fuel lines from the T piece to each carb are the same length - it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts