won't start when hot?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

subheatadey

Reaction score
Sorry to jump onto your thread,

But I have the same issue, once she’s hot, if i turn her off I can’t start her again instantly, but if I leave her for a minute or so then she won’t start until she’s cooled down, just turns over and over and over making no attempt to start,

I thought it would be fuel evaporating but I turned her over until the battery almost died once and she didn’t fire back up (until she had cooled down 30 mins later) I’d have thought that would have been long enough for the fuel to travel through

Takes a little bit of enjoyment away from her as I can’t nip to the shop or anything,

Again sorry for jumping on your post, I can make a new thread if you’d prefer?

Jake
Choke stuck?

wurd

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 71'
I tried everything to solve it, hot start relay, new loom, etc.
The problem was solved when I put a brand new starter (I tried with a second hand, but it had the same problem).

la_bigmac

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with mine when I was setting up dual carbs and a 123Tune. Mine was solved using the Tune and reducing the Ignition advance at low RPM, still takes a bit of cranking when hot (2-3 seconds), but starts. Starts great when cold..

I could probably improve the hot start using the tune, but at the time stopped fiddling and went surfing instead. It's on the list.. you know the one.

Latest posts