• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NOS 68 door handles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad

Reaction score
Pair of genuine VW 68 push button door handles with keys.

£150 plus postage

Pop me down as next in line pending pics please.

Ron - you didn't stay away for long, what are you looking at buying now?!

Sorry for the delay but will get pics early next week, they're in the camper which is now still away at the garage as it's decided to only run on 1 cylinder.

No pics yet I'm afraid as it's still on 1 cylinder.

I'm sorry to say that I still can't get to them to photograph them.

Besides a pair I may also have an odd one as well but can't confirm this until I've got it back.

Just got it back.

I have one pair of 211 837 205 J/K/L/M and a single F/G.

If you're still interested I'll do some pics

I can't attach the files as they're too big but can email them if anyone wants to see them.

Now back up for sale, the original potential purchaser hasn't replied and the 'seconder' just wants one with a different key type.

Here's the pics:

I'm going by the part numbers and being push button. I know that the keys are wrong but believe that the wrong cylinders were put in.
A few years ago on here there was a discussion as to exactly what letters a 68 handle had. The opinion was it could have about three different groups of which these have them.
If you know differently I'd appreciate knowing what letter groups they should have and what exactly these are.

68 part number is just that, a number, if I was looking for NOS handles for a 67-68, bay or split, I would not give a jack shit about the number as they are both suitable and fit perfectly.
However I'd be pissed if I found out they were re- pops after all.
Sorry I didn't get back to you Chad, I had a few issues, all sorted now and if you do have a NOS genuine handle.......let me know.
[email protected]
Rocket Ron

On closer inspection, look at the VW emblem on the handle, it's a Wolfsburg West re- make from the states.

Ron

Thanks Ron.

I'm pretty sure that I bought these from VW Classics but I could be wrong. I bought another set, sold to me as NOS, which I asked to be fitted by the garage last time it was in. They messed about with the cylinders on the ones they fitted, for no reason, so I'm wondering whether they fitted the wrong ones as both pairs were in the van in the same box but wrapped separately.

So you could be right...

Chad, the key cylinders are the big giveaway between T code and L code, little dimple where the key enters is I'm sure the L code as I have a box full and most have the key numbers on them, like 24LO 68 or such like.
Having looked again at the handles, I was wrong, they are VW but like the gate keeper said, if it's a T code and not genuine, then I don't think they would be L code because you can't buy then repro in this format, i.e. L code....follow?
Or to put it a better way, you can only buy from new repro handles with a T code style barrel....
But please correct me if I'm miles out...

Latest posts