Not enough room in your camper????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jurgens Autovilla is a great conversion. South African built this is a 2nd generation conversion. They did split screens first and the 3rd generation had an extra 2 berths above the cab roof. Not too many around so well worth it at the current price.

aspro said:
The Jurgens Autovilla is a great conversion. South African built this is a 2nd generation conversion. They did split screens first and the 3rd generation had an extra 2 berths above the cab roof. Not too many around so well worth it at the current price.

All correct except for the split screen reference. There is one known split Jurgens, a 59 that was either a prototype or more likely a special order. The next Autovilla to see the light of day (and the first to be commercially available) was for the 74 model year.

The one on ebay looks quite good, though it's not original paint. 74s have a one-year interior lay-out.

My wife and I have a 74 Autovilla. Despite these being the ultimate old fart's car, it's our favourite camper (we have four other VW campers to choose from!). 8)

Looks like a single cab reversed into a caravan :D

Though once I started taking a closer look - it does start to grow on me, the proportions look right - not surprised it's 74 onwards as I assume it would struggle up a hill with a 1600 TP and be a pig in a crosswind?

Latest posts