Not Happy JK!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killaybay

Reaction score
Received order today from JK. Despite being assured by sales guy on phone that would receive 2 calipers in conversion kit, only left one arrived when phoned to complain was told sorry our mistake forgot to send it out. Can't send it out cos someone else has bought it now and already dispatched and it was last one in stock. Should have some more in next week. No good to me really as was going to replace this weekend. :evil: :x
Question for all you lot is the one I have had delivered is reconditioned i was under the impression it was going to be a new ATE one ( not advertised as refurb), should it be new or is this me wanting the moon on a stick? Secondly the caliper seems to be 2 halves from different manuFACTurers (different levels of corrosion and halves not aligning flush) Also top bleed nipple is split. Altogether not what i expected when I placed the order. I am fffffff in fuming.
Oh, and by the way there is a patch of corrosion just above one of the pistons

Opinions please.

first of all pics are worth a thousand words, secondly yeah I'd be sending that fucker back as its a) incomplete b) poorly refurbished c) damaged.....

dont forget to reclaim postage costs etc....

funnily you have even more rights as an online consumer.

Hi,
Not that it will ever come to it,.. but remember your fully protected by the Sale of Goods Act 1995 (as amended). Goods must meet their description and be of satisfactory quality, amoung other things (that is from the perspective of the buyer not the seller).

I feel your pain.

LV

Yet another reason not to use JK for parts. Great for tents and such like, but wouldn't touch them for bits for the van

Hi Killaybay,

I received your PM, but thought I'd reply here for the sake of transparency.

I've passed your details on to our customer services manager, and so we're looking in to this right now.
Once we've got to the bottom of the issue I'll get back to you on here and let you know what we're going to do to resolve the issue.

We'll then look at what steps we need to take to make sure that this sort of thing never happens again, because it's completely unacceptable.

Thanks for your patience
Josh

Hello all,

Update to the above, I have been contacted by the Customer Services Manager at JK (as well as Josh) who has apologised and has agreed to refund the cost of the caliper and pick it up gratis. They are also sending some vouchers as a gesture of goodwill. That's good enough for me.

I would like to thank both Josh and Roger for their timely responses and professionalism, and also to you lot in forum land for your input.

Cheers

Killaybay said:
Hello all,

Update to the above, I have been contacted by the Customer Services Manager at JK (as well as Josh) who has apologised and has agreed to refund the cost of the caliper and pick it up gratis. They are also sending some vouchers as a gesture of goodwill. That's good enough for me.

I would like to thank both Josh and Roger for their timely responses and professionalism, and also to you lot in forum land for your input.

Cheers

That's great, I'm really glad we got everything sorted out for you.

Josh

Slammed said:
Do earlybay members get a JK discount?

Not currently, but it's something I tried to push for a couple of weeks ago, and will be bringing up again the next time we've got a big meeting.

I'll let you know how I get on and what gets decided :D

Thanks
Josh

Latest posts